Sign in to follow this  
springbok204

Cannot tune ILS on FMC Nav/Rad Page

Hey Guys, I recently purchased the PMDG 747-400. Great product. So after going to 'ground school', I'm ready to fly the aircraft. I wanted to do ILS approaches but I cannot seem to manually tune any ILS frequency. Response on FMC says 'INVALID ENTRY'. I set my airport as both the departure and destination and select the runway for approach, ILS option. The ILS does not autotune, and the ILS/MLS displays 'PARK'. I've tried tuning with the FD both off and on (I think I read something about that in the documentation but I can't locate it now). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tried searching for posts with this subject matter but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Make sure the ILS freq is set in the xxx.xx/xxx formatif the course is less than a 100degress it must go in as 090 etc

Hey Paul, I tried that exact format you gave, FMC promt still says 'INVALID FORMAT'. I've tried the formats in the manual I get the same result. I'm certain I'm doing something wrong or not doing something as the case maybe. Thanks anyway.

Attn All, I have finally been able to figure out what I was doing wrong. On the FMC Nav/Rad page, the first line, left and right is for tuning VORs only. LSK 4 which has ILS/MLS is where the ILS frequency and course are set. That was actually not clear from the manual. I hope I can help anyone who has the same problem and reads this post. I would like to thank Paul who responded. By the way, my screen name comes from the fact that I live in Barbados and Springbok 204 which was a South African Airways 747-400 which routed MIA-CPT always flew overhead my island every Sunday night. As it was usually quiet at that time, I heard the aircraft (even at high altitude) before I saw it.Kirk

Guest Factorum

Thanks KirkI downloaded the 747 about a week ago and wanted to do some circuits to get familiar and have spent about a week of trying to figure the ILS/Glide Slope out. thanks for the post.John