Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

744 clb thrust wah-out?

Does D-CLB thrust in the Queen wash-out at a certain altitude by default (design)?Jonathan

Not sure what you mean by "default (design)", Jonathan...Our airlines has a number of different variations, but I'm not sure if it is based on engine type or airline selected programming.E.g. On our RB211-powered aircraft, the 10% derate starts washing out at 25,000' and is fully washed out by 35,000. The 20% derate starts washing out at 25,000' and thrust increases linearly with altitude to 5.5% derate at 35,000'.Our earlier CF6 powered aircraft reduce the derates between 10,000 and 15,000'.I haven't any specs for our later series CF6's.Hope this helpsQ>

By "default", I meant is the CLB thr pre-programmed within the Queen's coding to wash out until it is full CLB thrust. And I was getting at what would that altitude be?I think I observed last night that following a D-TO2 followed by a CLB 2 in a very lightly laden Queen, the thrust flipped to "CLB" at about 15,000. Just before it flipped, the CLB 2 on the EICAS indicated something like 103.9% NI.If this is normal, I wonder, is there an option to change that washout level, as exists, for example, with the LDS 767 model?Jonathan

The FMC will automatically and gradually (in a very specific manner) increase CLB thrust limit from 10,000 ft to 15,000 ft. That's latest software info we got. There are about 5000 options (really that many) for this aircraft. May be one of them.You can ofcourse change thrust limit manually through the CDU.Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Great, Vangelis, good to know about this, thanks for the reply.Jonathan