Sign in to follow this  
Guest derekb

Reading material recommendation?

Guest derekb

Hi folks,I've ben using this stuff for about 2 weeks now and I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience.I've read all the documentation I could find on the aircraft (in this case the 737) but I would like a recommendation or two for a more general usage explanation.For examnple, the tutorial has a step by step process for starting the engines, but I can't find any information on why those steps are required. I don't what role the APU Bleed plays in the grand scheme of things, and what the various generators do.The result is the if I miss a step, I'm screwed because I don't know why I'm pressing the switches. The detailed manuals explain each item in isolation so some of the stuff I can figure out.Is there documentation I can read somewhere that kind of puts everything together?Even a startup sequence for the engines that talks more about the power options (ground vs battery vs alternate) and what the purpose of each of the steps is would be great. Sometimes I get into a state where on eengine starts, but the other won't, and I don't know the kinds of things I should be looking for (and then I cheat and press Ctrl - E).Takeoff procedures are also very mechanical for me now so if things aren't working, I don't know why. I arm the speed brake, I've got the engine limits set, and I do all the procedures, but I still get a "phone busy signal" when I apply power to taxi to the runway. Things like that. Sorry for the pathetically newbish questions, but we all have to start from somewhere. :-)Thanks!Derekb

Guest Hawkeyeted

Derek,All things 737:http://www.b737.org.ukCheck the tab marked "Aircraft Systems". You may find what you are looking for.

Guest derekb

Wow! Great site. Thanks!Derek