Sign in to follow this  
Guest phillyflyer

Cockpit volume

Guest phillyflyer

I am having trouble with the volume of the engine sounds in the flight deck. It seems quite loud. I have adjusted both PMDG sound levels and FS9 sound levels. The engine sound is still to loud in the flight deck and almost non-existence in the spot mode. Any suggestions?Mike

Guest nat2005

Hiya,Make sure you have turned down the enviroment noise as well, if you just turn the engine sound down you will still be left with the enviroment sound, which is almost as loud as the engine!Hope that helps,Nat

Guest dt1951

Rather than tweaking sounds to get them realistic (i.e., what real cockpit sounds would actually be), why not build a more realistic sound set as the default setting for future aircraft from PMDG? Then allow the pilots to add more noises if they so choose. I love everything about the PMDG aircraft, except the unrealistic cockpit sounds. Maybe move the engines out of the cockpits and put them where they belong?

> I love everything about the PMDG aircraft, except the>unrealistic cockpit sounds. I'll second that. I have very similar problems, but for me the volume of the engine sound is far to low but the flaps actuators seem to be under the captains seat :-)I used standard settings and did not experience any problems like this on the LDS767 or DF727 and also not on the PMDG737NG models. So there must be something special -- but what?Regards, Thomas

Guest phillyflyer

thanks Nat that worked much betterPhillyFlyer

Guest sch

I have noticed that the cockpit sounds are OK, until the aircraft starts to reach about 230-230 kts on the climb out then it just becomes way too loud. That loud in fact that you can't hear any air traffic control messages. Below 230kts it seems to be tolerable, I appreciate that there is more wind noise as the aircraft speeds up, but not to the extent that it makes u deaf!Has anybody got any solutions to this problem?Steve

You can make adjustmenet tweaking the following files. You'll have to make a change to the Sound.cfg files for all the engine variants that you use. They are located here: ..Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG747-400sound (for GE). ..Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG747-400sound.PW (for PW). ..Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG747-400sound.RR (for RR). In each of these files you change the parameter maximum_volume in the section WIND_SOUND. Looks like this in the file: WIND_SOUNDfilename=PMDG747_WIND minimum_volume=0 maximum_volume=15000 minimum_rate=0.7 maximum_rate=1.0 minimum_speed=360 maximum_speed=640 By changing this parameter from 15000 to a lower value, the wind sound will be proportionally lower.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

The 744F is apparently brings with it a new soundset.For the record, my favourite FS sound is the PMDG 747 GE engine as it spools up through about 75% N1, it sounds right on the money.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg