Sign in to follow this  
Guest Woody22

737 6/700 NG FMC Problem

Guest Woody22

After shelving this for awile because of time constraints vs. the learning curve, I'm back at it and determined to learn this thing once and for all!Now the basic problem is, I get the craft powered up seeemingly ok, but once going to the FMC, it accepts no inputs, shows no displays or responds in any shape or fashion to any inputs/mouse clicks. It's dead as the proverbial doornail. I have a rudimentary FS9 flight plan built at the time...I've imported the AIRACs data as well as the SIDS/STARs properly according to the manual - as far as I know. But the the FMC stays completely blank no matter what button I push under any circumstances.I know I must be missing something obvious.... but I can't see what it could be!Anyone? And thanks....Woody W.

Guest veggies

Have u tried delete the FS9.cfg (look FAQ in PMDG website)? U might have the same problem I had before.-Djoko-

Guest Woody22

Thanks very much for the response Djoko. No, I hadn't seen that particular FAQ but will try it out shortly.Other add-ons I have installed include Radar Contact 4 (not used much right now), Active Sky 6, Ultimate Traffic & USA Roads.Do you know/suppose any of these packages present known problems for the 737NG FMC display?I've a 2.53 Intel, Nvidea 6800 ultra and a gig of memory and know my hardware could be be more up to date, but I wouldn't think it's that seriously underpowered.Thanks again,Woody W.

I have running everything you list except USA Roads with no problem. My panel is the updated one since I installed fresh both the 600/700 and 800/900 as packaged by Aerosoft with their service pack.There is also information in one of the FAQs about having certain Windows fonts that need to be loaded. There is yet another thread here that pertained to check out the electrical panel to insure avionics is turned on.One thing about RC4. When you bring it up use the mouse keys on the FMC or change your key assignments in RC to avoid FMC keypad conflicts in you enable the FMC PC keyboard input.Just some things to think about.

Guest Woody22

Thanks Ron. Who'd thunk back in the days of Sublogic's ATP, we'd ever have to worry about fonts?! But I've found that FAQ and will check it out.As far as RC4 goes, I don't even load that these days as I have my hands quite full getting the hang of NG. ;-)Thanks for the help.Woody W.

Guest Woody22

Ron, it appears that the two fonts you're referring to are 'Lucida Console' and 'Lucida Unicode'. Checking Word, I see that I don't have the latter font. It's hard to believe some obscure font is fouling this up for me.I've googled that font and can't find a way or place to obtain it. Some sites say it comes with Windows XP (I have Home), other sites say no it doesn't.Other than reinstalling Windows and hoping it shows up or buying Office 2003 or whatever, do you suppose upgrading to the 800/900 package would solve the problem?If not, maybe I'd be better off trying the new Level-D package.Thanks for your help. Woody W.

Those two fonts should be in XP. Perhaps they can be installed from XP using the control panel and searching the XP disk.I'm not sure but they also might have been provided on the Aerosoft CD if needed, maybe downloaded from MS, or other solution.As far as using Level-D 767, well that's a much larger heavy for different purposes (longer legs). I would not give up on the 737 yet :).