Sign in to follow this  
Guest QF744

BIG PROBLEMS with 744 ! HELP!

Guest QF744

Hi, To try and resolve an LNAV problem i had(on a suggestion from a forum post) i uninstalled the 744 through the addremove programs path as instructed in the readme.I then re-installed the program via the setup.exe.But when i went to fly the panel briefly(1 second) appeared then i got an error message saying - FATAL ERROR MODNAME:- pmdg_747400_main.gau , i guess it may have become corrupted somehow? I decided to re-install over the already installed plane but a message came up saying i would have to uninstall the update 1.1 first as the installation was only for the original 744 install,how do you uninstall SU1 update? I then decided to uninstall the 744 and re-install again,but when i went to uninstall i got an error message saying that i could'nt because the setup.exe was faulty! I am between a rock and a hard place! I can't uninstall ,re-install, or fly the plane! It seems like my setup.exe and the main.gau are corrupted,any other ideas How do i resolve this situation?? My copy of PMDG 744 is the download version I am at a loss on how to fix this,any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Simon

Guest Hawkeyeted

Simon,The first thing I do when things go crazy like this is a fresh rebott of my PC. Then, try uninstalling the 747, followed by checking the GAUGES folder for the PMDG_747400_main.gau. Delete it if it still exists in there. Then try the setup.exe to see what happens.

Have you ever used System Restore.If your computer has set a recent system restore point you can use this and at least you'll be back to where you were before the first uninstall.Michael