Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

Boeing assemblies

I found this link over on the a.net forumshttp://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/busi...4_boeing03.htmlIt never ceases to amaze me that such big things can be made in such a short time, and now that time is to get even shorter! I'm assuming this is basically the time it takes to assemble all the sections and wings etc together, not including the time it takes to assemble these components too.Also from reading this, I assume that the 787's will be assembled on the 777 line

Alaister Kay

Guest Clansman

hi,according to boeing's website, you're right about the 787.http://www.boeing.com/commercial/facilities/index.html16 days is what it takes to assemble such machines... amazing! I guess they got some experience from the war efforts, where the b-17/29 needed to be built/replaced very quickly.cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest PBlack

The 787 will use the facilities right at the very end of the main assembly building (opposite end to the 747 assembly plant). It is an area that has been shared by the 777 assembly line. When I last visited, final 777 assembly was using this space as there were modifications being made to the floor in the main 777 assembly area which is right next door. I understand 787 assembly is programmed to begin June this year.Peter

Thanks for your replyIm thinking of heading up there for a tour later this year before I head back home (once my groundschool is finished anyway)

Alaister Kay