Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

CTD's and other problems

Guest Concordeguy

Yes it me again, I have a problem. I bought the PMDG 747-400 version 1.1 without needing the patch. I would be flying for three minutes average and then it would go to my desktop. I also do not have an overheating computer and I have Traffic 2005 just in case you need to know. All help is NEEDED and appreciated.:-newbie P.S. I also do not know how to put in waypoints in the FMC after reading the FMC user's guide. And whenever I select a heading and push in the knob, the HDG hold light goes off but it never turns the plane. THANK YOU very,very,very much. Christian A.

Guest Concordeguy

I could really use some help por favor.

Guest Concordeguy

guys really I need your help

OK Christian,Your first problem: is there any specific thing that you are doing at the point that you crash to the desktop? is there any button that you push? Or can you just leave it sitting there without doing anything and it still crashes?Your second problem: Are you trying to insert waypoints during the route entry (ie page 2/2 of the RTE page) or are you entering the waypoints via the LEGS page?As for your heading select issue. Is an autopilot engaged? (The three buttons on the very right of the MCP panel)Post a screenshot of your PFD after you've pressed the heading knob and we'll see what it looks like.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Concordeguy

First of all I am very sorry for the way I acted. And I kep trying to keep the heading ATC tells me to turn to and that is when the CTD occurs. I am having the Autopilot engaged when doing all my flights. I figured out to put in waypoints already and that is about it. THNX again dude.

No trouble, everyone gets frustrated from time to time!Are you using the default ATC in flightsim or do you have the Radar Contact 4.1 add-on?If you have RC4.1 it might be something to do with that, though I've not heard of the issue. You could try the Radar Contact Forums.If you are using the default ATC, then does it happen just with the 744? Try a reinstall of the aircraft.let us know how that goes.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Concordeguy

THNX I have the default ATC running and I did re-install.

Guest SKireyev

What error does FS9 generate when it CTDs? I have been having AIplayr.dll errors around EGLL regardless of airplane.

Guest Concordeguy

Nothing it just goes to my wallpaper no message or anything

Guest Phill

What ive done up to now re-my pc.Prior to me having any Pmdg products i had a lot off add ons, aircrafts/scenery /utilities/etc.After pmdg,basically thats the only aircraft i wanted,so i formatted my harddrive .Started fresh & also compressed my fs9 folder deleted default aircraft i never use & set Texture_Max_Load in fs9 cfg to 1024.I defrag on a regular basis & i never have any problems.I am not saying this will help your ctd's ,but it won't hurt to try.Also check the zip file for services.Phill

Guest Concordeguy

yeah....:-hmmm could you put that in English please?