Sign in to follow this  

Crabing to the Right

Recently I have had the following problem. During the takeoff roll, my plane will crab to the right about twenty-five degrees and remains that way until it has been in the air for thirty seconds or so. Then it straightens out. This is happening with FS and third party airplanes. I have the wind set to zero, have recalibrated the flight stick and tried autorudder both on and off. I have also tried forced feed back on and off and reset the flight stick sensitivities to default. Nothing seems to work. Thanks

Have you looked from spot view for irregularities in the control surfaces?

I just check the control surfaces in spot view. No irregularities were noted. There were no movements is the control surfaces when the plane crabed to the right and corrected itself.

Just an idea here.... but make sure all engines are running if its a multi engine plane... I ran into a problem the other day when I just positioned an FFG DC10 on the end of the runway and powered it up only to find #2 wasn't running and yawed me wickedly to the right when the speed started coming up!! :)

Chris, thanks for your reply. I have been using single engine airplanes. I also tried a twin engine plane with the same results.As stated in my first message, I have only recently had this "crabing" problem. I have now discovered that this problem is just at the airport that I have been using in the Oregon Cascade mountains, Cresent Lake State, 5S2. Some of the nearby airports have the problem but to a lesser degree. I have also discovered that one crabs to the left when taking off from the other end of the runway. I tried disenabling my addon sceneries and terrain mesh but the problem persists. I would be very interested if someone has the same problem with Cresent Lake State airport.Thanks

Guest Lizardo

Will this help? From AOPA's airport directory: 5S2, Cresent Lake:Closed winters; ry slopes up NW; 1710' x 30' asphalt strip superimposed on SE end of strip, asph portion rough; owner adz ctc w/State Aeronautics Div 503/378-4880 prior to use

Just a shot in the dark. Is the autopilot on before takeoff?Don

Don, good idea but that's not it either.Thanks