Sign in to follow this  
wongben4

The longest schedule commerical flight in the world...Ibelieve

from flightaware.com, I noticed that the longest daily scheduled flight in the world is frow kewr to wsss by singapore airliners (SIA21) and it takes about 17:30 hours. Do anybody know how many cockpit crews do they carry on board? I don't think 4 is enough...FYI, here is the routeJFK HAPIE DOVEY NATY 46N040W NATY ETIKI NATY REGHI UN484 RUSIB UN491 LGL UL851 KUDES UN871 ALGOI UT23 BABIT UN739 LULIK UN739 NEPOS UM19 ETIDA UM21 GERGI UL614 YAA UG8 EZS UT36 ALRAM G208 UMH UL124 ZAJ UL124 KEBUD L124 PG P318S DOSTI M638 KC G208E TELEM N895E AAE N895 NNP N877 SADAP N877 LAGOG N571 GUNIP R467 VKL A464 LELIB LLB1Aben

O..M..G... http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/SHOCKED.gifI hope no one tries to simulate that in the sim, LOL

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I wanna to , but I don't think 744 is capable to fly such long range even if the plane carries no passager but fuel...SIA uses A345..ben

The longest 744 route I have been able to find is United 895. By the time all is said and done it's a 16 hour flight. Anyone know of a longer 744 route?I've done it twice, once overnight while I slept and again one day when I was off work sick (but wide awake!).Route is:PETTY GRB 5500N/09000W 6000N/09100W 6500N/09200W 7000N/09500W 7500N/10000W 8000N/11000W 8400N/14100W RAMEL G491 BABED G491 CZ G491 SULOK G218 TMR B458 WXI A461 LKO A461 LIG R473 WYN W18 NLG W23 ZUH R473 SIERA

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

yeah... UA895 from kord to vhhh...I was actually flying on this route twice (of course as a passager)...I noticed that the two flights were not fully loaded and I suspect that UA sacrifice payload for fual and range....ben

Anyway, does anyone know what is the max time a cockpit crew can work in each flight? and what is the min resting time between 2 outport flight. (ie VHHH-KLAX-VHHH, what is the min resting time for those crews visiting KLAX)thanks..ben

Hello,For flight more than 10 hours, you have to add 2 crew for cruise.In fact you are limited to 10 flying hours within 15 working hours. After that each country out of the JAR system may have special rules, or just company rules, but any way thoses are the max autorized.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest captaingrice

Hi,"The planes are staffed by 14 cabin crew and six flightdeck officers, each working four-hour shifts."Taken from "http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/6-29-2004-56033.asp"Cheers,Steve.

thx..I love this.."Singapore Airlines has equipped its new aircraft with special cupboards big enough to take a corpse in case any passengers die en route. "ben

They might need those cupboards--for those who get deep vein thrombosis on their exciting A340-500 in coach class (well, OK, "executive coach" or whatever, with 38" seat pitch, wow, thanks!)Jonathan

They certainly do have to make some sacrifices on load. The sector requires a nearly full fuel load which limits the PAX/Cargo loading to about 2/3 of capacity, give or take.I'm not sure if United has 747-400ER models like QANTAS but I suspect not. QF uses the ER on its circa 15h 30m YMML-KLAX run in order to minimise any load constraints.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

That's interesting, that route is a very long way of getting there at 9200Nm, A GC route would take the aircraft north over the Arctic then down through Siberia for a total distance of about 8500Nm.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

>That's interesting, that route is a very long way of getting>there at 9200Nm, A GC route would take the aircraft north over>the Arctic then down through Siberia for a total distance of>about 8500Nm. >>Possible because of the wind (weaker headwind or stonger tail wind), for example, during winter time, CPA 829 from panc to vhhh will normally fly over sea of okhotsk, then over hokkaido, over osaka, then over taiwai, then ELATO 1A arrival. However, the headwind during winter time is very strong (the stongest I experienced is 380km/h head wind which brings the A343 speed to around 500km/h $$$), thus, sometimes they will take a longer route but weaker headwind component, which flyes over Russia, then harbin, then beijing, then down to VHHH. Ben$$$does anyone notice that A343 flyes slower than 747, the curise speed for 343 is normally mach .78, but for 747 is .84.

Guest Kingair315

My longest flights have been from Alaska to Australia close to 17 hours realtime.... Once on a round the world flight, flew for 36 hours without sleep before my wife insisted that I go to bed... When I told her during the Korean War we once had to go 5 days without sleep, she said, well you are NOT in Korea, and can go to bed. Most in the unit were hallucinating by then, some were so tired they fell asleep on their feet, and we could not wake them.Bob

Guest morvious

I thought the B747 had a normal cruise of M.86 and M.85 for turbelence?Every airbus has a lower cruise speed, thats no news.The only aircraft that is capeble to get near the B747 at cruise is the MD-11 I beleve @ M.85.