Sign in to follow this  
stigt

Engravity CDU drivers

Hi all, the wait is over, the drivers for the Engravity CDU have arrived. I just purchased and installed these drivers (I immediately received the key by e-mail....excellent). I copied the license key to the FS 2004/PMDG folder as instructed. When I want to connect to the CDU by means of the PMDG menu in FS 2004 I get the error: Unlicensed serial number of CDU. When I open the key with notepad, I see that the key is licensed to 0090, the serial number of my CDU is indeed 00090. What am I doing wrong? Oh, and I have the 1.03 firmware installed.regards,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

Dear Arjen-please email me at lkalamaras (at) precisionmanuals.com so I can assist you. In the meantime, make doubly sure that the .key file is INSIDE the PMDG folder and named appropriately.Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi, I'd love to get one of these, any chance you can show off some pics once you're up and running. I've seen the ones on their site, but I'm left wanting more :-)

Alaister Kay

Arjen-sent you email. Let me know if it resolves your issue...

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks Lefteris for your quick reply. However the solution you e-mailed me didn't cure the situation. I emailed you back, but maybe we can put the discussion on this forum, so other users who are experiencing the same problem can benefit from it?To Alaister: as soon as I get it up and running I'll post some pictures of it.Regards,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Arjen-as I emailed you back, this situation isn't common- it stems from a glitch in the serial number engraving in the firmware of your hardware CDU. Engravity will have to take care of it...Best,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Edited for clarity-(Arjen- there's nothing insulting or inappropriate in your post, but I wanted to clear up the situation a bit on behalf of Engravity, who don't have a login here)In Arjen's case, there was a situation where the serial number on the sticker issued by Engravity didn't agree with the one embedded in the firmware. This was a glitch caused in the Engravity CDU firmware update process and one that can certainly be fixed by Engravity personnel.We ask our customers to make sure their decal in the back of the CDU has the same serial number as the one showing in their S+EXEC setup screen, and that their firmware has been updated to 1.03.Thanks all- LefterisRegards,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

To close this topic I would like to say that thanks to the great support of Lefteris and Engravity (thanks Stef and Robert) my CDU is running like a dream now. It's great to toy with, and programming the FMC with real buttons is SO much better as mouseclicks.Best regards,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Guest cfm56

Hello Arjen, Just wondering if my eyes are seeing the price of he CDU correctly. I believe the price was $1250 bucks. Is this true?Gideon

Gideon-the CDU *hardware* is $1250 (shipping included). The PMDG CDU interface is only $99 (lol).Keep in mind - we don't ship to EU countries, due to complications with EU VAT/taxes etc.Best regards,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Just to be sure: Engravity or PMDG doesn't ship to EU countries at all ?Tero

PPL(A)

ha its bad enough it costs 1250 bucks and now EU folk cant even get it! lovely! :(

I think Engravity will ship to EU countries seeing as Engravity is based in the Netherlands.I hope so.

Keith Sandford.

Would that then mean that PMDG isn't shipping the interface driver to EU countries ? Doubtfully since it's most likely just a small download.Tero

PPL(A)