Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3dhrts

Error in Fuel Planning Documentation?

Guest 3dhrts

In reading the example KSFO-KIAD flight in the PMDG747 Cruise and Fuel Planning example (page 2-14), is there an error in correction for planned landing weight different than 475,000 lb? The example adds 7x880=6,160 lb for the heavier weight; shouldn't it be 4 times this because the trip is estimated to take 4 hours?More generally, Felice Valente's Fule Planner v2.01 seems to give much higher estimated miles when the 475,000 lb correction is added.I am somewhat confused and am also not sure if the Progress Page in the FMC seems to me to also be giving a different fuel estimate at the destination.Any help from more knowledgable people would be very much appreciated!Tom

Guest Soulman

>the manual is rife with typos and technical errors. >>maximThat's a pretty bold statement to make don't you think?

'rife' might be taking it a bit far. There are some inconsistencies for sure but nothing show-stoppingly bad. The 'worst' one I can think of is the error in the IRS section which has been extensively covered.I would imagine the 744F release will bring with it an updated manual for all users, regardless of whetger they purchase the 'F' or not.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest wisborg

My experience is that using the tables pages 2-7 and 2-8 overestimates the fuel needed. I use the tables on pages 2-10 and 2-11 instead, and that usually gives me very accurate estimates. The difference is usually around 10,000 to 20,000 lbs for a 1000-1500 nm flight, but I have seen examples of up to more than 40,000 lbs for a flight less than 2000 nm./ Jesper

ok. the manual is dotted with errors, and is rife with typos. but, i still like flying her. (747)maxim

Guest 3dhrts

>My experience is that using the tables pages 2-7 and 2-8>overestimates the fuel needed. I use the tables on pages 2-10>and 2-11 instead, and that usually gives me very accurate>estimates. The difference is usually around 10,000 to 20,000>lbs for a 1000-1500 nm flight, but I have seen examples of up>to more than 40,000 lbs for a flight less than 2000 nm.>>/ JesperThank you. I will try those tables. Are they mentioned in the documentation?Tom