Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

FMC/AIRINC problems

Hey all,Tonight I tried to do a KABQ-KLAX run, using a PMDG 737-700. The routing (via SimRoutes) was LARGO2 ZUN J6 DRK J10 TNP.PDZ4I was approved for this by clr delivery, but when I tried loading it into the FMC, I got an error msg when I tried entering the "J10" -via- part of it. So, I just entered -direct- to TNP, but then when I went to the STARS for KLAX, PDZ4 wasnt one of the options. Yesterday I had a similar problem out of KMCO. During the initial programming, when I entered KMCO as the origin airport, I got the error msg "135.....runways", or something like that.I believe the last airinc update I have is #513, but I understand there was a problem after that. Something about using another company for the nav info. Any ideas on what the above problems were, and how to correct them? Many thanks,Ron

A couple of things...You know that the AIRAC does not contain procedures. For those you need to got the planepath.com and download the latest procedures for the PMDG. The latest coincides with AIRAC 602, so it is being kept up to date.The PDZ4 is runway specific and I had it with all the runway options in my FMC.Lastly, I find Simroutes notoriously bad for finding routes. If you check Flight Aware these are the two routes filed by airlines in the last 48 hours for KABQ-KLAX...LARGO2 ZUN J6 DRK J231 TNP SEAVU1LARGO2 ZUN J6 DRK TNP J104 CIVET CIVET5The second one was only filed once. Note, no J10 or PDZ4 in either route. Hope this helps some.

Dave Paige

I'm looking at the High Altitude Enroute chart now, and J10 doesn't intersect with DRK. J10 comes from the FLG (Flagstaff) VOR/DME for that area. That route is incorrect. It should've been LARGO2 ZUN J6 DRK J231 TNP PDZ4PDZ4 is the Paradise Four Arrival, however, it seems the new SEAVU1 (SEAVU ONE) STAR is preferred now when looking at the routes between ABQ and LAX on http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt?...estination=KLAXNot sure why PDZ4 wasn't there, but a lot of things are missing from the various AIRACs unfortunately. When that happens, I just program it from the chart manually provided I have enough time. Most of my STARs are programmed before I leave the departure field anyhow, based on routes from flightaware.com or simply the direction I'm coming from.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks, guysI was thinking the same thing...what if J10 wasnt the proper airway between DRK and TNP. Obviously it wasnt, so that explains the FMC error. Your answers bring up another question. What's the difference (if any) between the AIRAC downloads from the PMDG site and the Planepath.com site? Do I need both, or can I choose between the two?Ron

Yeah, one is for SIDs and STARs and the other is for airports, waypoints, airways and navaids. You need both.I usually get my AIRACs from Navdata.at and the terminal procedures from Planepath.com Navdata.at does have some SID/STAR files too though. If one site has a "bad" SID/STAR file for a particular airport, then I check the other one out in case it's different.I don't even know if the PMDG server has any new versions. It's best to use the two sites mentioned above. I'd recommend using flightaware.com for U.S. routing. It may not be a flight planning website, but why plan when you can get real-time accurate routes?http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvthttp://www.navdata.at/index.phphttp://www.planepath.com/html/dafif.html

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I just checked both sites out. I looks like the Planepath site is up to date, as the latest data is 0602. However, the Navdata info hasn't been updated since #0513. Not their fault, something to do with the AIRAC info no longer being available to the public. Looks like the homeland security people got their hands on it. Ron

Well, I really don't think the difference in cycles will matter. I don't know the coding format, but as long as the STARs and SIDs (DPs) are the same, as well as the airport data like runways and airspace fixes, then it should all work fine. The data doesn't seem to change all that often. A lot of waypoints around my hometown airport are the same now as they were when FS9 came out with it's old data. Same with runways and arrival procedures.

- Chris

That's the first time I've seen an inset in a chart like that...wow.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

>That's the first time I've seen an inset in a chart like>that...wow.>>What chart? :-hmmm

- Chris

The SEAVU1 arrival.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Yeah, that's a pretty involved chart, LOL

- Chris