Sign in to follow this  
Guest lavis1930

747-400 and Databases, FS9, FSNavigator, AIRAC . Ques: 2

Guest lavis1930

When my 747-440 loads it tells me it is loading the AIRAC database. Is this connected to the standard FS9 database in any way?As AIRAC loads it reports no less than 65,000 routes! Does Anybody know where they are or where they go and is there any way of getting at those 65,000 routes?Is FSNavigator compatible with PDMG 747-400? To what extent, if any, can routes from the three different databases be exchanged with each other?David

Guest SKireyev

As far as I know, FSNavigator and MSFS databases are linked, however the AIRAC db for PMDG, etc. is separate. That is why if you use any programs such as FS Commander, and design a route with airways, the FS plan would generally not even load, until you edit a version specifically for MSFS w/o utilizing J or V airways. Most of the time, I have to save two different files in FSC for that reason. Hope that helps.

Guest simonmd

"Is FSNavigator compatible with PDMG 747-400? To what extent, if any, can routes from the three different databases be exchanged with each other?"Yes it is. It uses the same format as the 737NG in FSNav.

Hi, the databases of FSNavigator and PMDG are exactly the same when you use www.navdata.at Jan-Paul

Guest lavis1930

>Hi, >>the databases of FSNavigator and PMDG are exactly the same>when you use www.navdata.at >>Jan-PaulThank you Jan-Paul and the others for your replies. I am I hope a little wiser but I am still a bit confused!David Francis

Guest lavis1930

>Hi, >>the databases of FSNavigator and PMDG are exactly the same>when you use www.navdata.at >>Jan-Paul Thanks to you and others for your messages. I am still rather confused. I see that the AIRAC database can be down loaded from www.navdata but I am puzzled that it seems to be downloaded every time I start PMDG 747-400? Or is ot not being downloaded but is just being transferred to the Queen?Where does it hide on my computer? Where are those 65,000 routes and how do I make use of them? If I download a new database from www.navdata.at does it overwrite the one PMDG downloads or is it already up-to-date?David Francis

Guest AJ

>>Hi, >>>>the databases of FSNavigator and PMDG are exactly the same>>when you use www.navdata.at >>>>Jan-Paul >>Thanks to you and others for your messages. I am still rather>confused. I see that the AIRAC database can be down loaded>from www.navdata but I am puzzled that it seems to be>downloaded every time I start PMDG 747-400? >>Or is ot not being downloaded but is just being transferred to>the Queen?>>Where does it hide on my computer? Where are those 65,000>routes and how do I make use of them? If I download a new>database from www.navdata.at does it overwrite the one PMDG>downloads or is it already up-to-date?>>David Francis>>>Its not being downloaded. This happens even if you are not connected to the Internet. I assume it is just loading this info into memory.Andrew