Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewSchoenberg

747-400 United livery does not work

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

When I download the United livery and then go into planes I can not see this plane.Since it is a self installing program I do not know what I am doing wrong.Can someone please let me know how to install it so I can bring up the United paint?Thanks. Newbie here so your help is much appreciated.

Guest andyman

You sure you have the right model selected? (the one with a PW?)

Guest AJ

1. Which United? There are three of them if I recal.2. Have you installed other liveries successfully?3. As the poster above suggested, make sure you are looking under the correct engine varient.4. IF the above fails, you may have stumbled onto a livery with a goofed config entry. There are a couple of these (Malaisia comes to mind) in the mix. In this case, go into the Aircraft folder and located the config file. You need to scroll down and find the entry for the bad livery and make sure the name and engien variant match what they should be. There could be an extra zero stuck in there or something. Just look over the entry and compare it to the other entries around it and make sure there is nothing amiss.Andrew

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Gentlemen,You hit the problem squarely. I was not looking under the proper engine.Thank you so much.One other question if you don't mind. My flap indicator keeps disappearing from the screen and then when I change the flaps it comes back. Is this correct and if it is not...any suggestions?Again, thank you!Matthew

Guest andyman

Yep, it wouldn't make sense to keep flaps up on the screen forever so it can "burn-in" on the CRTS.

Guest andyman

I was going to edit my last post but i am forced to make a new one;I think microsoft makes flightdecks by taking 1 picture and sitting in the plane for about 5 seconds or less.