Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

Step CLB ICAO...

"Another interesting factoid for airplane trivia buffs out there: Russian term for "flight level" is "echelon" <эшелон>"Большое спасибо, Сергей ! :)(I thought my Russian phrasebook would come in handy, some day) :(BTW... completely off topic... but do you know if there are any MSFS scenery files for Tunoshna (UUDL)? I have a friend who lives near there.Cheers.Q (Иан)

Hi Vangelis,>(A) Seems first we need to explain what ICAO airspace is.>>For westbound traffic : >(a) Up to FL280 (inclusive) EVEN flight levels increasing by>2000 ft >(:( Above FL300 ODD flight levels increasing by 4000 ft>starting at FL310. FL300 is NOT available.>>E.g. FL220, FL240,..,FL280, FL310, FL350, FL390, FL430>>For eastbound traffic : >(a) Up to FL290 (inclusive) ODD flight levels increasing by>2000 ft >(:( Above FL300 ODD flight levels increasing by 4000 ft>starting at FL330>>E.g. FL210, FL230,..,FL290, FL330, FL370, FL410, FL450>>Hence, in ICAO airspace even flight levels above FL300 are NOT>allowed and stepsize is 4000.Is this still valid with in the RVSM sectors? Also the complete NAT's are RVSM.CiaoMichel

Guest SKireyev

>BTW... completely off topic... but do you know if there are>any MSFS scenery files for Tunoshna (UUDL)? I have a friend>who lives near there.>>Cheers.>Q (Иан) >Hey Ian--Hmmm... I am not sure. However, there's an easy way to find out: go to avsim.ru, and search the file library there (yet another whole avsim site to explore, and it's in a funny-looking language that looks like a typographer got drunk). Try to go here: http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml , and type in the scenery designer's name Rulexy, who designed light sceneries for hundreds of airports in Russia, that were under-represented.Hope this helps!Cheers,

Thanks again Sergey ) Took me a while to figure out how to search, but I eventually pushed enough website buttons to find the scenery associated with Mr Rulexy. Unfortunately, no luck with Yaroslavl/Tunoshna, though (Cheers.Q ( Иан )

Here is a graphic from wikipedia, which in this case is worth a thousand words. I've stuck in where I keep all my copies of charts for reference. It is a .png file (lossless compression).

Dan Downs KCRP