Sign in to follow this  

AI Aircraft Effects

I've noticed that my AI aircraft have neither smoke nor any other effects. Is there some place you turn on these attributes. I have the applicable sections in the aircraft.cfg file but no effects.Also, is there a way to slow down AI aircraft on approach, go-around, and takeoff. At some of the busiest airports the AI aircraft look like bees coming and going - very rapid.Thanks.Confucious say, "Man who fly upside down have crack up."

Nope... to all.So far you cannot make special effects appear on AI aircraft, only effect they will have are contrails and tire smoke at touchdown.No you can not change the aircraft speed for those. You can change the aircraft cruise speed by adjusting the entry in aircraft.cfg of this aircraft and FS will accept it (somewhat), you can change the rate of climb (also somewhere in aircraft.cfg of the aircraft in question "don't recall where") also you can change the taxi speed for all AI aircraft there is a program avaiable for it.(Reference Speeds)flaps_up_stall_speed= 121.000full_flaps_stall_speed= 96.800cruise_speed= 462.546 <---change thisMy wish is if someone could crack so that contrails could be seen at lower altitudes say FLT200+ or for user to set it up to his/her likeing.PS. You may wanna go to TTools Forum there you can get more help maybe, it kind of became forum that has to do all with AI Traffic :-)Andy

Thanks Andy. Your response,however, generated another question. If contrails and touchdown smoke are activated in AI, does that mean that the (Effects) section containing contrail and touchdown entries must be in the aircraft.cfg file or are those two things generated automatically by FS2002?Also, I've already changed the taxi speeds and that helped a little for that particular function. I just wish I could slow down these aircraft on approach - it looks kind of funny.An thanks for the tip about TTools. Maybe I'll post at least one of these questions over there. Have a great weekend.Confucious say, "Man who fly upside down have crack up."