Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Flight Plan identification

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

What is everyone doing to access the Flight Plans? I know they are in the Flight Plan folder in PMDG but they are number coded and I am not aware of how to understand what each one is or how to bring them up in FMC.Any help would be appreciated.

Guest hlm65

They are coded either in ICAO or IATA airport codes format:for example, a San Francisco to Sydney f/p may be:KSFOYSSY or SFOSYD (maybe with some 001 or 002 attached at the end, depending if you wish to have several different flightplans for the same route).To bring them up, just go to the ROUTE page and put a vliad f/p name in the CO ROUTE entry (scratchpad then LSK). Then proceed with activate it and set all you parameters.Regards

Guest cargo747

I would also consider along the idea of "How did you save them in the first place?"Or are you "importing them" from somewhere else? Then again, it would depend on how you saved those flightplans in terms of "naming convention"...Cheers,Norbert - CLX001CEO Virtual Cargoluxwww.virtualcargolux.orgCLX_banner_grey.jpg

Guest SKireyev

>I would also consider along the idea of "How did you save>them in the first place?">>Or are you "importing them" from somewhere else? Then again,>it would depend on how you saved those flightplans in terms of>"naming convention"...>>Cheers,>Norbert - CLX001>CEO Virtual Cargolux>www.virtualcargolux.org>CLX_banner_grey.jpgI think what the gentleman is asking: as far as the 100-some plans included with the QOTS in the PMDG Flightplans folder are concerned, how do you figure out what they are?As far as I saw (I never use them, since I do a weather-dependent plan every time I fly), they are named with International Air Transport Association codes. If you have a real hard time figuring out which is which, you can go here: http://www.iata.org/ps/publications/codes_demo.htmand type it in. Cheers,

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

The problem is that you can't see these Flight Plans unless you go to the actual folder is FS9 under PMDG and then you look each one up in Windows.Also, here are two flight plans I looked at in Windows and then put in FMC. These are their names and where they go:ADLBNE001 goes from YPAD to YBBNADLCBR001 goes from YPAD to YSCB.Given the name for each flight plan, how an I suppose to know these without putting each and everyone in the computer to see what comes up?Surely their must be a better way?Thanks for all your suggestions.

Guest AJ

>The problem is that you can't see these Flight Plans unless>you go to the actual folder is FS9 under PMDG and then you>look each one up in Windows.>>Also, here are two flight plans I looked at in Windows and>then put in FMC. These are their names and where they go:>>ADLBNE001 goes from YPAD to YBBN>>ADLCBR001 goes from YPAD to YSCB.>>Given the name for each flight plan, how an I suppose to know>these without putting each and everyone in the computer to see>what comes up?>>Surely their must be a better way?>>Thanks for all your suggestions.I hope the database of flight plans that come with the -400F will have some kind of interface to make this easier.Andrew

actually the flight plan files are in your my documents folder located in a flight sim then pmdg folder (or something similar)