Sign in to follow this  
someone

Problems with WinXP & FS2002

I just upgraded from WinME to WinXP Pro last night. I didn't get around to re-installing FS2002 until this morning. I did a installed XP to a clean drive (fdisked and formatted), and also installed FS from scratch. Here are me problems:1) My ground textures are messed up (see attachment)2) When I press ESC to end the flight, it takes longer than usual for the dialogue box to pop up.3) FS seems to want to run at 75 Hz instead of the 85 Hz I specified in the display options.Can anyone help?System specs:Intel P3 933/133GF2 GTS384MB PC133 RAMSo far this is the only software to give me a problem.

might not be very helpfull, but here it is:I have nearly the same systemP3 866Mhz/133384 PC-133 RAMGF2 GTS 64MB-DDR RAM ASUSWidnowsXP Pro,ASUS CUSL2 Mobo2x20GB HD 7200RPM QuantumI would suggest try to remove the Flight Sim, and install it again I have them all never any problems, so I don't think it's XP related.If you have more then one HD try installing on differnet HD, I have FlightSim and all the stuff (add-ons) etc. installed on the same HD as windowsXP, except different Partition, secend HD I have two Partitions both for Back up files and one of them has Pagefile on it for (maybe) better performance.If you can install the Sim on same drive but different partition (if you still can make one other partition... not sure if you can make one after installing stuff on it...?As for the monitor Freq. I can only run at 60Hz, not the best monitor I have, but it's high resolution 1280x1024x32 Both windows and FlightSim in full screen mode.PS> Bottom line I just try to reinstall the sim again.Andy

I found a way to fix the refresh rate. Don't know if its the best way, but here's how for anyone with the same problem.Click start, then run, and type in dxdiag and hit OK. Go to the last tab, click override and enter the desired refresh.I'm still working on the other two.

Ok, I have fixed all of the problems except #2. Now I have a new problem (well at least I didn't notice it before).When I load up the DF Archer or the Falcon 50 and click a switch, I hear the click sound, but then it doesn't make the click sound anymore when I click other switches.Please help, I haven't flown in 3 days and I'm having withdrawals! I only got to fly the archer twice since I bought it.Oh yeah, the sound card is a SB Live 5.1. I've got the latest XP drivers from Creative.