Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mooniclips

737 Autoland

Guest Mooniclips

I have made the move to the heavies using 737NG and Mike Ray's great book and have successfully managed to autoland. However, after the a/c comes to a standstill, when I try to taxi off the runway, the horn blares as soon as I move the throttle. I have released the brakes, but get no movement - I have reset the flaps and speedbrake. What have I missed?Thanks for any help.Rich

from what i've expereinced, you do not need much power to taxi her. the horn blares because i think you are applying too much power.

Guest Mooniclips

Thanks, but part of the problem is that the a/c doesn't move, no matter how much/little throttle there is. I only move the throttle further up because there is no movement.Rich

Guest Fede

have you disengage the reverse thrust???

Guest eham020

Hey, RichWhen the flaps have been retracted, the aircraft 'thinks' its not planning to fly again. However, if you are a bit heavy handed with the throttle as you taxi away from the standstill, the aircraft suddenly thinks that you want to take off again ! Because the flaps are now retracted, the alarm will sound because you are at a high power setting, but the flaps are not configured for takeoff ! One good trick is to disengage the autobrake BEFORE the aircraft comes to a complete stop - say around 40/50 knots - then 'coast' along and use the aircraft's momentum to get you to the exit. Control it gently with manual brakes. Try to avoid coming to a complete stop on the runway. This way, you can leave the throttles at idle, and exit the runway in one maneouvre. You may also prevent the 747 behind you from making a go-around !Good luckAndy

Guest John Khan

Hi RichMake sure you disconnect the autopilot, autothrottle and autobrakes before trying to turn off the runway, as, some have a system that keeps the nosewheel on the runway centreline when the autoland, or even the APP button is selected, and, if the autopilot is still on, it will try to do this and make it hard to turn off and, perhaps, is causing the problem you have. John

>Hi Rich>>Make sure you disconnect the autopilot, autothrottle and>autobrakes before trying to turn off the runway, as, some have>a system that keeps the nosewheel on the runway centreline>when the autoland, or even the APP button is selected, and, if>the autopilot is still on, it will try to do this and make it>hard to turn off and, perhaps, is causing the problem you>have. >>John The 737 NG has no centerline guidence. ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest Knikolaes

My biggest issue is always forgetting to take autobrakes off. FS has an attutude -- autobrakes are supposed to disengage as soon as you manually tap the regular brakes, BUT FS only does this for me about a third of the time. I don't even use autobrakes anymore, though, because with my NG I usually fly Southwest routes, and Southwest deactivates autobrakes on all it's fleet anyway :-)That's all i can think of for this issue.