Sign in to follow this  
Guest jnaslund

How to set the navigation radios on the 747

Guest jnaslund

Hi,I have just bought the 747. I have the entire 737-series and they work great for me. I just made a flight from KPAE to CYVR and i had entered CVV and YYR as waypoints. I departed and everything was fine until i wanted to tune the ILS frequency for RWY 8R 109.50. I just couldn't do it. I can't click on anything on the Nav radios. I mean i can click but nothing happens =)I found the NAV/RAD button in the FMC but when i tried to upload 109.50 to the LSK1 or RSK1 i got INVALID ENTRY all the time. I ended up having to make a visual approach instead.I have tried to understand how this is done but i can't find anything about it in the manuals i received with the download. I found a tutorial that mentions this with using the NAV/RAD button on the FMC but it's not working for me.Help please!Best Regards / Jan

make sure you have the latest AIRAC from navdata.at and make sure yuo also have the updated SID/STAR profile.another thing, when you tune ILS, i think you have to put in the track heading as well

ILSs are tuned automatically, if you have the appropriate landing rwy selected in your RTE page.Also- if you for some reason wanted to tune them manually, you need to enter the frequency and heading in LSK L4, not L1, like this:110.50/035(That's in the manual tho).Best regards

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg