Sign in to follow this  

DONT BUY ATI REDEON 8500LE 128!!

I bought this video card and I have to tell you that it is the worst card in the world. This Video Card brings down your performance in FS, and the graphics looks horrible. The Anti Alising doesnt even work in FS! FS wont Anti Alise, and the scenery looks jaggy and choppy! PRODUCT FEATURES Powered by the ATI RADEON 8500LE graphics processor 128MB double data rate (DDR) memory Awesome 3D gaming and graphics performance 250MHz clock speed TRUFORM technology for lifelike 3D characters SMARTSHADER enables more complete and realistic lighting effects HYPER Z II technology for higher graphics memory bandwidth SMOOTHVISION advanced anti-aliasing for smoother-looking images High-resolution 32-bit 3D gaming up to 2048 x 1536 Dual-display support for CRT monitors and TVs Video-out connects PC to a TV or VCR for recording AGP 2X/4X interface................................................................... PRODUCT DETAILS 100-431023 Type of Video Card Graphics Video Memory 128MB Interface Slot Type AGP Type of Processor RADEON 8500 Number of Processors 1 Clock Speed of Video Memory (RAMDAC) 250MHz Maximum 2D Resolution (at 32-bit color) 2048 x 1536 Maximum 3D Resolution (at 32-bit color) 2048 x 1536 Megapixels/Megatexels Not provided by manufacturer Number of Polygons per Second 16.7 million Supports MPEG-1, 2 Yes DVD Decoding Yes TV-Out Yes Stereo Sound No Tuning Capabilities NA S-Video Output Yes Video Format AVI, MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Integrated Web Publishing No Video Compression NA Software Included Installation software System Requirements Intel

Guest Panman

YAWN!!I have this card and it's given me no problems at all. I just love it when someone has a problem which they can't solve and then decide to blast a product. Case in point the PSS Airbus.PaNmAn

It could be a few things. Either you got a bad card, or you have a driver issue, or the card might not be configured correctly. I have the same card. I get great frame rates and image quality (See attached screenshots). I get approx 8500-8600 on 3dMarkSE. As you can see in the screenshots, I get roughly 20FPS on the ground at KSFO with most sliders maxed, and 100% ATC. You may just need some time to get the most out of your card. Check out www.rage3d.com for more info on the card

Sounds to me like you made an impulse purchase and you're regretting it. When I got my Hercules 4500 64 MB it didnt provide FPS a hell of a lot better than my old 8mb TNT2. You have to take time to tweak the card and use best drivers for best performance. Now I run full sliders and everything and run anywhere from 12-20 FPS. Also, as far as your anti-aliasing concern goes, perhaps you need to find an option to force it. Otherwise, having looked at those specs, I see no mention of FSAA, which means the card may not support it (thus suggesting you didn't do much research. Just a few comments, but judging from the other two replies its just something you need to spend time figuring out.Scott

I had a first generation Radeon and loved it at first but at the time ATI was producing such crappy drivers and at such a slow rate I decided to get rid of it for my GF3 ti200.For the time I owned ATI radeon 64MB vivo I had it running great.It's just a matter of tweaking it.ATI cards need serious tweaking to get the power out of them, and they do have a good amount of power for the price tag.Here is what I would do first.1.Make sure you uninstalled your old card "correct".I do not mean just pulling it out.I mean uninstalling the drivers, removing the registery entries.Once you have done this then install the ATI card.2.Instead of using the stock drivers go to rage3d.com and find a more current driver to install.I recommend a offical driver to start with.3 Also download a radeon tweaker.There are plenty to choose from.The one I used was called radeon tweak I think .(do not tweak just yet)4.Download the lastest 4 in 1 drivers from VIA if you have a VIA chipset.Install the AGP driver in turbo mode or else 4x AGP will not work.5. Now reboot .Go into your bios and make sure AGP 4 is on and the fast writes are OFF .APG aprture size should be set to half of you physical ram ( to be P.C.) but I really do not agree with this.I have 512DDR and think the better setting is 128MB so I still have a good ammount of system memory to use ( that is a different story :-) )6.tweak ALIIIIIIIIIITTLE at a time unless a profile is provide like GTU.7.boot up FS and start at megis not some place where you know the FPS are not going to be "good".Now tweak up your FS2002 display settings alittle to smooth things out.I do not recommend running MAX clouds MAX visablity or MAX ATC no matter what type of system you have.These are performance killers no matter what .Set those to a decent level.See if that helps you. :)Good luckRichard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest georgi55

I see so many ATi related posts lately, and this is what I always reply.I've had 4 Nividias, and 1 ATIs, and the only time I had drivers, freeezing, AA issues was with ATi...will NEVER buy ATi again!And those who say you can tweak it and stuff, why is it out as official product if you need to tweak it just to use it?My Nvidias needed to tweakign at all and I simply used out of box drivers.(im stuck on Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO now)

In any case, if you need a reason not to buy it, don't buy it because the Radeon 9700 is coming out and seems to be faster than the Geforce 4 Ti4600 in anything it does (see the usual sites for reviews/tests). And if you can wait even longer, Nvidia will come out with the NV30 chip at the end of the year... and so it goes, one manufacturer releasing a more powerful one roughly every 6 months.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc