Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKireyev

Question for Tabs (Ryan)

Guest SKireyev

Hey Ryan--I know you along with some other folks (like psolk) have been having graphics driver issues with your 7 series card, manifested in anything from flickering to misplaced textures. I, too, have the same problem, and I usually ran the 77.79 drivers, but on someone's advice I upgraded to 78.05. I am not sure if the driver upgrade has been the cause, since my sim is constantly 'evolving', but I started getting crashes in EGLL on final at about 500 feet AGL. Guaranteed crash, anywhere from OOM (happened only once), to aiplayr.dll (several times, tested), and yesterday a new one: d9d3.dll, or something of sort. Doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. Usually, either the screen goes black, and a minute later error pops up, or the computer just CTDs with the error at the ready when I am staring at my wallpaper. Anything similar happened to you?I followed psolk's advice, and so far this hasn't resolved the issues.Cheers,

Sergey,I'm using the very latest 84.20 beta drivers availiable here:http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...2bit_84.20.htmlNo problems whatsoever on my 7800GTX. The texture corruption issues were caused by 80 series drivers pre 81.98. Anything past that has worked for me.It's interesting though that you're seeing a CTD that seems to be video related. If you roll back the drivers to the previous version, do the crashes stop?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SKireyev

Well, the crashes didn't stop, after I re-installed 77.79 drivers. AI_Playr.dll seems to be related to AI Traffic, so as the last resort I wiped out all of the FS stuff today, and started from scratch. I will pretty much limit myself to UT, BEV, and FSGenesis Mesh on scenery side (plus a few FlyTampa sceneries), Traffic 2005, and 2-3 addon planes (including the QOTS and 744F when it gets released). I am tempted to check out the drivers you're using, but I have XP MCE, and sometimes regular drivers don't work as well, or at all on the Media Center Edition. I will check them out nonetheless. What I used to suffer from was constant texture re-loading a couple of hours into the flight (everything would reload every 3-4 seconds or so), misplaced scenery tiles on coastlines especially (have you ever seen square coastlines), and texture corruption in the VC of some of my addon planes. Either way, I'll check them out. No harm done! BTW, what setting do you have in the NVidia App Profiles for AA, AF, Quality, and V-Sync (and anything else applicable in advanced settings)? I wonder if some of my settings have to do with texture anomalies within the sim.Best regards,

I run the following settings in the driver MSFS profile:AA: 4XAF: 16XQuality: HighV-Sync: OffI also turn Transparency MSAA on and set the Negative LOD Bias to Clamp.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Boaz

>Hey Ryan-->I know you along with some other folks (like psolk) have been>having graphics driver issues with your 7 series card,>manifested in anything from flickering to misplaced textures.>I, too, have the same problem, and I usually ran the 77.79>drivers, but on someone's advice I upgraded to 78.05. I am not>sure if the driver upgrade has been the cause, since my sim is>constantly 'evolving', but I started getting crashes in EGLL>on final at about 500 feet AGL. Guaranteed crash, anywhere>from OOM (happened only once), to aiplayr.dll (several times,>tested), and yesterday a new one: d9d3.dll, or something of>sort. Doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. Usually, either>the screen goes black, and a minute later error pops up, or>the computer just CTDs with the error at the ready when I am>staring at my wallpaper. Anything similar happened to you?>I followed psolk's advice, and so far this hasn't resolved the>issues.>Cheers,>This is exactly what I have been going through!If you look in the Flytampa forum, there are posts similar to this one.I have also had my FS9 disapear when getting close to western US or over eastern Canada.At other times when textures load on final or even when I have landed and go into external view I have had my FS9 crash on my, apparently while loading.Ryan could you please explain what symptoms you had before you got the 84.20 driver??I have a 7800GT might be the same things...Boaz.

I was not seeing CTDs - it was texture corruption on the ground and aircraft caused by a bug in the 80 series driver. They fixed it with 81.98 and later.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest Boaz

OK then... Too bad :(I will try to test again, but I must say I have just about exhausted every possibility... Brand new powerful PC, yet I am not able to fly for more than 5 hours...Boaz.

Any effect of turning render to texture on? FS 9.1 patch installed?I am just wondering of some of the scenery DXT compressed files would cause this crash. Some add-on cloud generators that use DXT cloud textures will cause crashing if render to texture is disabled. Enabling it can with some panels cause flashing.I'd also change the season in the suspect area flights, one of the things the 9.1 patch was to solve was seasonal texture crashes at specific locations.Another thing to check is to fly with AI off in case a specific model when loaded is causing a problem. This is area sensitive as well.Area specific crashes can also be caused by faulty afcad2 files. These take effect quite a few miles from destination. Use AFCAD2.21 to open a destination in question and insure that only one besides the base is available.