Sign in to follow this  
Guest valterg

737NG does not enter in hold and loses track of the fli...

Guest valterg

Hello,During a short flight between SBGR and SBGL, two big Brazilian airports in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, I noticed that PMDG 737NG did not follow a hold track introduced in the FMC and, worse, lost the approach track completely.The flight plan was followed perfectly until the beginning of the SBGL approach, where it has a hold on waypoint CAX.However, few miles before the hold entry point, the 737NG made a sudden curve to the right, the contrary side of the hold, and followed a straight-line, moving away from the approach track. The FMC did not command any more the airplane. I repeated many times this flight, and the problem occurred in all of them. I took off all the factors that could contribute for the glitch, as wind, large weight, speed, without success. In all of them the airplane didn

Guest valterg

Nobody observed this problem so far with 737NG?Could somebody please make this flight just to verify? It's a very short flight, so it does not go to take much time.ThanksValter

>Nobody observed this problem so far with 737NG?>>Could somebody please make this flight just to verify? It's a>very short flight, so it does not go to take much time.>>Thanks>>Valter Have you thought about updating to the 800-900? Many updates to all systems to be had.................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Randy J Smith

Guest valterg

Randy,Thanks for your reply.My PMDG files are totaly updated.There is someting else causing the glitch, but I can't figure what it is.Valter

Hi, you can also try to enter the holding manually with HDG. If you are on Track activate LNAV. This Procedure works well for me in situations where the 737 wont enter the holding correctly. Jan-Paul

Jan-Paul Schuchna