Sign in to follow this  
downscc

737NG Load Manager not Loading

I've got a three week old product, did the 800/900 upgrade, but I don't think my Load Manager has ever worked. The applications seems to work, but info is never written to FS. When I check the payload via either the Fuel Manager or the FS menu, I never see a change made by the Load Manager. Fuel Manager loads fuel okay.It looks like a really neat tool, I've searched the forum back for a couple of years but haven't found this squawk yet so I guess I've gotten something wrong. Seems simple enought to use.Any suggestions appreciated.

Dan Downs KCRP

Have you got FS running and the 737 laoded before you run the load manager?

Yes sir, FS is running and PMDG737 is loaded. Same problem with any aircraft derivative (600-900) or configuration (single class, etc). The Load Manager seems to work, and when I press the SAVE button is does the are-you-sure routine and then loads-are-saved display, but the payload in FS is unaffected.The fuel manager works. It reads the same payload indicated in the default payload dialog provided by FS.I notice the load manager gives me a loads-are-saved display regardless of whether FS is running or not. That seems odd.The only third-party application that I run concurrent with my sim sessions is ActiveSky.Thanks for your help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,The load manager changes the station loads of the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft variant you select within the application. With FS9 running, those changes are probably not being made. The fuel manager works on my end, though I use an application written by Ross Carlson available from the PMDG downloads section and directly from the authors website here:http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/This small program will read payload weights from the aircraft and can change the total passenger and cargo weight, as well as fuel loads while the sim is running through FSUIPC.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

By jove, you're right! Load Manager is working but, as you point out, it is mearly updating the cfg file. The trick is to spoof FS to reload the cfg file to see the changes take effect.Are you sure about Fuel Planner also changing payload weights? I double checked that I have the current app from Carlson but find that it only reads the payload. Anyway...Couple things I notice about Load Manager:- Loading a saved flight brings old baggage with it, Load Manager will not update a saved flight either before or after it is loaded.- Load Manager works if you save a load before loading the aircraft.- Therefore, to "load" a saved flight with Load Manager, one must use Load Manager and select the saved flight (any order), but then to effect any changes to the payload one must re-select the aircraft from the FS menu bar.This wasn't too obvious to me, but it's easy once understood.Thank much, Jim.

Dan Downs KCRP

We got my Load Manager loading, but now I've noticed my Payload variable in the weights group on the Fuel Planner is a read only field. I can't figure out how to get it to load the payload value I input along with the total fuel value. The fuel is loaded but not the payload, at least not by the Fuel Planner.Any suggestions?

Dan Downs KCRP