Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

Extreme distance blurries with V 29.80 drivers

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, last night I decided to give the NVidia V 29.80 drivers (read: the custom ASUS release) a try. My results were mixed, though. I confess I also like to play Train Sim, and while the 29.80ers eliminated that slight stutter the 29.41ers had been giving me there, FS 2002 looks, well, mushy. Even though I kept my personal visual tweaks, the terrain textures now look EXTREMELY blurred starting from about an estimated 1.5 - 2 miles distance from my aircraft. I doubt it might be that "motion blur" which has been talked about on this board, since it even seems to appear while the plane is stationary at the airport. My vid card is an ASUS V8200 GF3 Ti 200 with 64 megs of DDRAM.Anybody had the same problem?Thanks!!

Hi D.M. You might want to try the 30.30 drivers @ [www.guru3d.com]. I'm running a geForce 3 TI500 with 64DDR on dual PIII system with no problems at all and got much better performace after the upgrade. If you don't like it you can always undo it. Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest JonP01

Dominik,I have the same card as you do, and I noticed the exact same problems you did when I tried the ASUS 29.80 drivers. So I went back to the 29.41 drivers.

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I, too, went back to the 29.41 drivers for the moment, and, luckily, FS looks as it should again.@ Ed:Are you sure the 30.30 drivers will work with my ASUS card? You know, I once tried a set of pre-release drivers from guru3d.com, but my card would not be recognized correctly after I installed these. I was getting strange visual artifacts, and RivaTuner would tell me there was no 3D accelerator at all to be found. Since then I've been thinking that ASUS cards may for some reason be "picky" when it comes to drivers, and stayed with the ASUS driver packages.

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I tried the 30.30 drivers, and while they did work (unlike the previous "generic" drivers I tried) I was getting the same blurred terrain and airplane textures as with the 29.80s. As I already said, the terrain looked extremely out of focus even in close proximity to the plane's location, and the airplane textures would also blur, especially when viewed from sharp relative angles (see attached screengrab). Thus I went back to the 29.41s again, and everything's fine.But...how is it that one set of drivers (29.41) can give such good results, but the following one degrade image quality that badly (29.80)?