Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTH

TO/GA switch question

Guest JTH

Hi everyone, in the real life 744 is it true to say that the TO/GA switch is on the throttle panal? Or is that just on the real life 737NG?I don't have a CH Throttle Quadrant (yet) so I was thinking of assigning it to a button on my CH yoke instead (to save me clicking on the little screw in the 2D cockpit). Has anyone else done this? Also, how is it accomplished? The PMDG menu -> Assignments page doesn't let me assign the button to my yoke, only to my keyboard. I've heard that you have to do it with either FSUIPC or Ch Manager. I do have the payware version of FSUIPC, which I believe makes it possible to use that. So if anyone could talk me through using either of these programs (or any other means) to assign the 744 TO/GA switch to my yoke it would be much appreciated.Thanks a lot!! Regards, Greg.

Greg,Yeah in real life the TOGA switches are on the throttles themselves - if you look in the VC, they're in the right location on the front side of the thrust levers near the reversers.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest JTH

Right but until I get the throttle quadrant I guess I'll have to make do with it on my yoke. So do you know how I might assign it using either FSUIPC or CH Control Manager?Thanks a lot.

Guest Daniel Slade

Hi Greg,Yes you can. I have the same set up, using the LATEST BETA version of FSUIPC. The process is 1, assign a keyboard shortcut in the PMDG menu. 2, Assign the yoke button to the same keyboard shorcut in FSUIPC (MUST BE LATEST VERSION 3.5.3.8). I have the autothrottle set on the right (FIRE) button, Decrease throttle quickly on the left (Fire) button with a throttle cut set on release of the same button. I also have the TOGO set to the left hand grey thumb switch (Forward) and the Rejected takeoff set to the same rocker switch but (BACK).If you need the settings in depth, just ask and I will spend a few mins writing them down.Hope it helpsDaniel