Sign in to follow this  
Guest joey8507262

Problems with PANC and some questins

Guest joey8507262

Helo Pilots!I have a problem with the FMC on the 747, and some questions for flight planning.Let's see the problem first:Yesterday i wanted to make a flight from Helsinki to Anchorage.I put in the origin EFHK and to destination PANC. An error mesage comes up which said PANC err: 06L rwy unknown.After that i can put the plan in the FMC but cant select runways for landing in Anchorage.Theres no stars and runways to select.I have the latest (0513) AIRAC and sid/stars from navdata.at .I live in europe and did my previous flights form europe to asia or to americas east coast(JFK, BOS).So i've never flown to Anchorage.The second one is a big question.I would like to make some polar flights but i cant find any chatr for this.Does anybody know where can i find charts for POLAR flights?Or flight plans?The flightplanners dont know it.I saw a link on this forum fot Lufhtansas flight training demo, and there was some interesting things for polar crossing.So, if anybode can help me, please write!ThanksGyulahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/144651.jpg

Hi Guyla,For problem #1, the SIDSTAR file for PANC that you're using is most likely outdated and still shows Rwy 06L in the RNWS section. If you open the PANC.txt file, the header probably says "Derived from DAFIF cycle 0510." or you may have an even earlier version than that. If you go to Richard Stefan's site , download the latest AIRAC in the AIRACs section and the All-In-One file in the SID/STAR section. That should sync all of your files so they are in aggreement, and in turn, will remove that error message.Jim Karn[link:www.precisionmanuals.com]http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest joey8507262

Hi Karl!Thnaks for the reply, it worked.I looked my actual PANC sid/star and it was derived form 0510.I downloaded the "newer" one from navdata.It was derived from 0508.So my PANC was the newer.But the rwys was wrong in my sid/star.Maybe there was a chage during the year,I dont'know, Alaska is very far from me. :)So thank you again!Have a safe flight!Gyula