Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianlr

URGENT - 9.0G Queen of the Skies Installation?!

Guest brianlr

Dear Support staff,I recently found my computer grinding to a halt and could not work out why I suddenly had so little disk space remaining on my C drive. I cannot recall the exact time this problem began and did not particularly notice it when I installed my PMDG 747-400 QotS. However when I tried defragmenting and even that process ground to a halt, I looked at all my installations using the Windows Add/Remove Software control panel and found to my amazement that the QotS was taking up more than 9.0G of space - more than the whole Flight Simulator installation! See the attached jpg.Any suggestion would be welcomed. I have not tried removing the aircraft and reinstalling, as I would prefer to avoid that if possible.I look forward to your assistance.Regards,Brian

Brian,Do not trust what you see in the Remove/Add programs dialog. As the PMDG bird is installed in the FS9-root folder the installer will report the size of that folder. Your FS9 installation is 9GB.The PMDG files are found in the aircraft folder, the FMCWP folder, the PMDG folder and the gauges folder.Hope it helps,