Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Khan

737 panel clock reset

Guest John Khan

HiSorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything.Is it possible to reset the panel clock on the 737s to agree with the correct Zulu time to show the correct times on the FMC DATA select.I can reset the local time, and the date, but can't do anything with the Z time, which is 2 hours ahead of what it should be?RegardsJohn Khan

Guest Aubrey

Hi John,try the following:1. open the clock2. twice click on "TIME/DATE" button, after that you can see that "MAN" has changed on "UTC", you clock will set on UTC time.Regards,Vadim

Guest John Khan

Thanks VadimI can set the date and the local time, but I can't set the Z time.For instance I have just set the local time where I am at 1540 and the date 17.03.06 and when I look at the Z time it is showing 0640.At the moment we have summer time so are UTC + 11 and that is obviously not the correct UTC time and I can't change it.I'm wondering where it gets its' information from.John

From the behavior of my setup, I assume that the panel clock indicates one of two times. Either MSFS starts with system time or the start time retrieved from the saved flight file; there is a configuration option in MSFS to use system time or something else, and I use system time. Windows XP has a time function that allows user to set time zone and may select automatic daylight savings setup. The PMDG add-in doesn't seem to change the behavior of the time indication from that of any default aircraft.I have to reset the simulation time if I have loaded a saved flight and want to fly current time.Bottom line, I get the correct UTC time when I toggle the upper right control on the panel clock twice. My computer is set to correct local time, based on time.gov website for "official" time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest John Khan

Yes, - I realise all that. As I said in the first place, I can adjust the clock for local times and dates. I have a default start-up flight that sets the correct date and local time.I have my zone time set to UTC +10 and daylight saving set.I have "system time" set for the Fsim, but, on the PMDG 737s, the UTC is always showing 2 hours ahead of what it should be and I can't find a way to alter it.This is what I asked in the first place, if anyone can answer this and NOT tell me what theirs does, I would appreciate it.John