Sign in to follow this  
Guest amsterdamer

Banks away at VHHH

Guest amsterdamer

Hi there a quick question, when I land at VHHH and I want to do an auto landing on the PMDG 747-400 when there is terrible visibility as Hong Kong is well known for it after I reach around 500 feet the auto pilot suddenly banks the aircraft to the left making it move away from the runway, this only happens at VHHH and not anywhere else I have downloaded the freeware add on named VHHH2005, does anybody have an idea how I can rectify this annoying problem, all assistance will be much appreciated, thank you in advance.Rayek.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/ritzer82/untitled.jpg

One thing you might be able to try is make sure you have a proper AFCAD for it. I usually look in the Avsim library for a good AFCAD. I like ones that have proper Gate codes because that usually means the Autor has gone to great lengths to make it proper. If not I am not sure what else to tell you since I havent had a problem with TK's VHHH2005.Hope this helps

Guest michaelandre

Hi,Apart from the good suggestion made to check the accuracy of the afcad there may be two other issues to consider. One can be a discrepancy between the ILS frequency/bearing you use in the FMC and the ILS frequency/bearing of your scenery. Another possibility is your scenery is using on outdated magnetic variations. One question: do you have the same problem if you do not use the VHHH scenery?Michael