Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

744 thrust

My 747 stays in takoff all the way to cruise. I am unable to switch it in the FMS. I am not sure why this is happening. I have tried the climb in V/S and speed, VNAV and it never changes. When I reach cruise it switched the thrust limit to cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions.Thanks

1)Are you setting your takeoff page correctly in the FMC INIT REF?2)Are you using the TOGA button to take off?3)The default stage for CLB thrust to kick in is Flaps 54)If all else fails click the thrust button on the MCP

Thanks Paul, the only way to get it to kick into clb was to hit thrust. I have no idea why this happens, I have been setting up flights since the 744 came out and this is my only real problem. No idea why it is happening.

Hmm, odd. If you're entering correct data into the FMC prior to departure you should certainly see a climb reduction as the flaps move into the '5' position.Just to confirm, on takeoff are you advancing your thrust to about 70%N1 then pressing the TOGA button? Or are you just pushing the throttles forward all the way? If you don't depress the TOGA switch I believe that the A/T doesn't know when/if to reduce to CLB thrust, hence the need to press the THR mode button. This may actually be a valid real-world method of thrust management for takeoff, anyone able to comment?If you definitely are pressing TOGA, then:As a test, can you enter an altitude into the thrust reduction field in the FMC. ie where it says flap-5 enter '1500' or '2000' or whatever your discretion calls for in the circumstances. On climbout through that altitude does the thrust come back?Are you using any particular hardware to control flaps, such as a throttle quadrant/spoiler/flaps controller?If none of this works, perhaps the time-honoured method of providing a screenshot of your panel after flap retraction might help us diagnose the issue.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg