Sign in to follow this  
alexvs

737NG Eyebrow upgrade?

Developers,Do you guys have plans to make an update/upgrade for the 737NG for the "No eyebrow" version of the 737-800? Posky has one and its a beautiful sight to have the newest version of a 737NG plane. But I rather fly PMDG than Posky.If you don't have plans now, is it an idea to make an upgrade and how soon could this be made and released (I think it's a little model update, or am I wrong?)?Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest dt1951

As far as I know, Jeroen, PMDG has no plans to do further updates to the 737 family. With the upcoming delivery of FSX, it's possible they may do a new version of the 737 for that version of FS.

Guest gremel

Good God let's hope so...jack

>As far as I know, Jeroen, PMDG has no plans to do further>updates to the 737 family. With the upcoming delivery of FSX,>it's possible they may do a new version of the 737 for that>version of FS.Dan,I hope this is not the official answer of PMDG. So I'll wait for the official one.We have to wait untill december 2006 or even jan/feb next year? I myself work for the Dutch leading ICT company (and a large one in the Americas and the rest of Europe), and even we do not answer this way to our customers like "wait for the next version of software" if it's released in the far future. I think my question is not so hard to make an upgrade. It "only" changes the exterior model (remove the eyebrow windows), recompile it and release the upgrade. It's not work for months, it's more work for weeks.I think PMDG will do a great job if they consider to make the upgrade. It will make the customer more satisfied about the 737NG product than it already is.PMDG what is the official standpoint about this request (no eyebrows for the 737-8xx airplane)?Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Jeroen,Please don't make comments about what is "work for weeks" or "only" X change. It isn't that simple. Our focus is on getting the 400F and the MD-11 finished, not on issuing updates for a 3 year old product that's already been through two FS versions. Sorry, there's not going to be any more upgrades for the NG.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest andyman

The NG has been so neglected. It would feel so weird to use a non PMDG 737 NG. Face it, PSS will butcher it, feelthere will 3/4 a** it, LevelD will do it but still not be like a PMDG. Captain-sim ya, if you want a slide show like the 757.

Guest gremel

"not on issuing updates for a 3 year old product that's already been through two FS versions."Reply: Please keep in mind that this 3 year old product called the 737 (Next Generation) aircraft series is going to be with us for a very long, long time. It would be nice if some additions could be squeezed into her after 'FSX' comes out.Just my 2 cents as this is one incredible aircraft...Pleeezzz..jack

Guest oldie

>"not on issuing updates for a 3 year old product that's>already been through two FS versions.">>Reply: Please keep in mind that this 3 year old product called>the 737 (Next Generation) aircraft series is going to be with>us for a very long, long time. It would be nice if some>additions could be squeezed into her after 'FSX' comes out.>>Just my 2 cents as this is one incredible>aircraft...Pleeezzz..>>jackI think they made it clear already now that it wont happend so lets not keep this going. PMDG have no obligation to update the model in anyway just cause new models come out from other freeware/payware developers.You made it clear you would like it, but they also made their standpoint clear, and I frankley can follow their logic more. It's 3 years old, lets let old be old and concentrate on whats in the future. Unless PMDG gets bored in the near future and got nothing to do, which I doubt I don't see any reason for model upgrade at all. It's good as it is!Thomas

Guest gremel

Wow!...Loosen up a little.. Vin said there were 'no ...immediate plans'...not that there wouldn't be any ...future...plans down the way. I'm just wishing & maybe dreaming but sometimes dreams come true if you believe in them..In other words, sometimes the future is made of dreams.Regards,jack

I really hope PMDG will make a whole new NG for FSX, but I think it's crazy that people are asking for an FS9 update. FSX is only a year away and PMDG have given us a wonderful 737NG and 747, and soon a 747F and MD-11! That's a lot of hard work these guys have done. Update the eyebrow windows?!?!? #####? I suppose every airline out there has spent money just to remove the windows, come on! Such a silly request. People assume just because PMDG did so much better on the Queen that the NG should be upgraded to match it. The NG is still an amazing product and I fly it regularly.As I stated, I really hope and pray PMDG will make a new one for FSX, mainly because they do such fantastic work, and the 737NG is a popular bird that almost all of us love to have. You just need to be realistic about your requests.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Update the eyebrow windows?!?!? #####? Such a silly request.Chris,This thread was just to check IF pmdg was willing to update it and IF the customers (you girls and guys in the forum) want to have it also. Don't be rude (#####????) to me and I don't want to be called silly.In my opinion as software salesmanager in Holland you do have to upgrade your products ones in a while to meet the demand and wishes of your customers. But reading the opinions untill now in this thread I only have one member that agrees with me that there is such a demand.I still think it's not that much work to make an upgrade (I have 18 years of experience in the ICT!!!). I read that all resources of pmdg are used for the 747F and the MD-11. That's okay and a very good reason. I can live with that. So I'll fly NG's with no eyebrow of Posky if I want to. No big deal. Allthough the pmdg NG is still better airplane.Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands