Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

ATR42-500

Hi all,I've just placed the beta in my site. Here is one pic, one ongine out to see the prop blades in feather position... they move according to the prop pitch.Pacowww.arrakis.es/~pacosan

That looks Real nice Paco !I shall download it today and start Painting it .I think this is going to create more liverys than the last one :)

Paco, that -500 looks great!!! Congrats on that...did Continental Express ever operate the ATR 42-500? Also, if you have started work on your ATR 72, can we see some preview shots? Thanx!George

So Paco, did you successfully land single engine or do an air restart?:-eek

Hey Paco,I usually fly one of these between here and Ft. Lauderdale. Your sounds are truly unique and most excellent. THe plane model itself is absolutely stunning, the detail is unbelievable. The props and VC are true to its real world counterpart.I truly appreciate your work and hope you continue to build these aircraft.I have a question for ya, and after all that praise, don't worry not a complaint. I was flying it today at lunch, ( I went home to give it a try.) and I know this is beta, the throttle often jumps and you'll hear the engine sound pitch up and then back down to its proper level, I have a CHProducts USB yoke, and Rudder Pedals. Tried it on another plane didn't do it. Thought you might wanna know, even though you may know about it already.But, that problem is not even bothersome, so no need for me to go any further.PLease keep up the work and I'll be here to enjoy it.Thanks Paco,http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Jason,The throttle jumping could be caused by signal noise generated by your computer. As you may know, computers have very noisy powersupplies because they use only two states, ON/OFF vice analog systems that require very stable noiseless systems.Try this test, start fs2002 with the Beech King Air, pull up the throttles, place your joystick/yoke throttle to the very limits and watch for jumping on the throttles on the screen. You can also see this jumping if you use FSUIPC in the joystick tab. The numbers seem to float up and down when the throttle is at its extremes. FSUIPC can help eliminate this problem by moving the extremes.

Hi,I'm not 100% sure regarding Continental Express, but I think they do operate this aircraft. With respect to the 72... well, what you see is actually also a preview of it! ;-) I mean, I took the 42-300 model as a basis for making a 72-500 model, so I started re-making the props and nacelles. Suddenly I realized that with very few modifications, the 42-500 was there! Next step after I release the 42-500 will be lengthening (is that and English word?) fuselage and wings, and modifying texture mapping and flight dynamics, to get the 72.Paco

Well... the easy one, hehe.BTW, not being a real pilot myself, I've found out that landing with one engine out seems to be not that well modelled in FS as in FlyII... rudder effect seems to vanish afer a while in FS.Paco

Hi,As W. Sieffert has said, I also believe that signal noise has something to do with this. But there is one more problem: I've programmed the condition levers to go to AUTO position when the plane is loaded. They will try to adjust the propeller rpm automatically similar to the real plane. Now, your yoke is the one with 3 levers, isn't it? Mine is a single lever one, but I've connected one more joystick to which I've assigned the condition lever, so I'm in a similar situation. In my case, if the joystick's condition lever is somewhere in an intermediate position, I will notice same effect. the reason is that the gauge's automation starts "pulling" the propeller rpm to the programmed setting. Suddenly, a variation in the signal (caused by the noise) comes from the joystick, FS catches this and pulls the rpm to this new position. If then the joystick signal becomes stable for a while, the gauge's automation will again pull the rpm to its desired position,... It seems that when the joystick's lever is placed in a dead zone, then it is stable enough (no sudden variations), so FS stops receiving inputs from it, and lets the gauge automation do it work. I've made in my stick two dead zones, one at each end, with FSUIPC, to achieve this. Another "solution" is placing the condition levers in trhottle panel in feather position. The props will go to feather, but afterwards you will be able to control them manually, with the yoke's lever, as the gauge automation is bypassed . (I decided to leave this "backdoor" for those who like to fly with manual control on the rpm's) In any case, I will try to introduce some dampening (or is it "damping"?) in the rpm variations, so that even when this problem occurs it will be less evident.Thanks a lot for your comments. I will really appreciate any other feedback for the plane, either here or to pacosancasAThotmailDOTcom (replace AT and DOT by "@" and ".") if you prefer. I've also got some comments from ATR 72 pilots who find the flight model too sensitive to yoke inputs, specially to elevator, so I'm in process of correcting this.Paco

Hey guys,Thanks for the input. Will look it over. At this time it is only affecting the AtR-42-500. BUT, I will go back and check all the turbo-prop aircraft I have, Beech King-Air, FSD Cheyenne, Mike's B1900 and a few of the other planes I have. As for FSUIPC I haven't messed with it too much but I will look at it and see what comes of it.Paco thanks for your input again!! Sieffert thanks to you too!! I will take a stab at it this evening when I get home from work.Thanks.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"