Sign in to follow this  
crazyjetpilot

I Just Bought The Queen

Hello People... i thought i'd just introduce myself to the massive PMDG community... after saving up and fighting off temptation for long enough... i decided to go ahead and buy it.. and im glad i did...i've been spending a lot of time just reading the docs... havent even spent 20 mins in the sim admiring her as much as i've been engrossed in reading! lolanyways... since some of ul may know me as a painter... i took a look at the paint kit... and well.. frankly was a bit surprised.. since i found a rather unique kind of kit..so my first question would be.. is if theres anyway to give us the proper outlines for the textures?.. the psd with the left and the right sides as well as other psd's are kind of already "readymade" so to say.. and in case of the full fuse psd.. the outlines are not marked/defined against a dark background... if at all .. is it possible to give us painters some guidance on this? some kind of wireframe background for us to create our own masters?and another question i had was regarding the turn of this beauty.. noticed from the external view that the nose wheels dont turn unlike other jets... is this due to the model? or is there something i missed?i read up on another post regarding the turn issue... but couldnt quite follow it if it was the model or if something else was needed to be done so the wheels actually move when the plane turns?also if theres anything that i need to know/update after an out of the box installation... could someone/anyone bring me up to speed with these or other known issues?thank you and looking forward to interacting with all,Kind Regards,Sheldon Fernandes

Guest Hawkeyeted

Sheldon,Welcome to the whacky PMDG fan base!Actually, the nose wheel turns if you un-tick the "Auto-coordination" in the realism menu. For some reason, when they are coordinated, the animation doesn't work correctly.

Sheldon-welcome to the party! :-)Not my place to discuss repaints and master textures (I'll leave that to our artists) but just wanted to say you're going to find lots of information regarding all different aspects of the bird in a surprise Ryan's been preparing for the near future. :-)Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

tell me about it.... i havent got her off the ground in 3hours with her in the sim... getting her properly set up is so challenging :)infact if any of the good ol experienced mates here could share some tips or pointers in the normal flow of things to make it a bit more clear for us would be more than welcome :)

Sheldon,Welcome! You've joined us at a most interesting stage in the 744's development. the Freight add-on will bring this product beyond what was already considerd the pinnacle of simulation fidelity.The trouble with giving tips on flying the queen is that there are so many aspects to her operation, we could NEVER give you the tips you specifically need at the time!Having said that, the manual is your new bible of aviation. Those of us who know what we're doing (or at least like to think we do!) have read the manual from cover to cover, well from page 1 to page... well... whatever the last page number is. 400 and something I recall.Other tips? Take it slow, be prepared for some frustration, it's a complex bird to be sure. If you have any of the other advanced boeing add-ons available on the market then you'll find the learning curve a lot easier to handle. As far as the preflight set-up is concerned. Work your way down each 'column' of the overhead, from top to bottom. Generally speaking, if a switch or dial has an orange warning attached to it, you need to action something to extinguish that orange light. Once you've set eveything up, look at your EICAS (center upper screen). Hopefully you should only see 4 yellow warnings, saying that the engines are shut down. Turn 2 of your aircon packs off (the controls are on the far side of the overhead) and then you're ready to start.Plan ahead in all stages of flight, set up the aircraft for each phase of the journey as far in advance as you can, bear in mind this is a two-man ship and I'm willing to bet you're only one man! :-)Don't let us concern you, mastering the 744 is within your grasp. All of us are just joes-on-the-street who put in a bit of time and effort. We'll happily help you out, so feel free to bring questions back here, we'll do our best to help you out.Good luck and see you back here soon.Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg