Sign in to follow this  

HELP! MS sidewinder not working

Hi, I have just upgraded my system to windows 2000 and when I try to install my microsoft sidwinder presision pro (not the force fedback one) i cant! the drivers on the CD are for win98 and there are NO drivers on microsofts website! can anyone help?thanksric

Guest emergency_pants

Yeah... the disk drivers won't work. You should be able to install the drivers that come with Windows 2000. They included drivers for their sidewinder joysticks with the OS.Control Panel... Game Controllers... Add... MS Sidewinder (autodetect)Hope this helps,Simon.

Thanks, I have tried this but get an error asking for the file 'msgame' is it small enough for anyone to email it me?ric

My comp has msgame.vxd, 20KB in C:WINDOWSSYSTEM. But I have WinME so it might not work on your PC.

its worth a try, would you mind emailing it to me at richard_cruseuk@yaho.comThank you, it would be a great help!

I'm guessing you meant yahoo.com. It's sent.

thanks, I got the file but it did not work. It was worth a try. The file I need is called msgame.SYS not .VXD, when I go to the system file nothing shows up because the installer is looking for msgame.sys and not msgame.vxd I guess. Thanks a lot anyway.If anyone does have the msgame.sys file in windows2000 please could you email it to me? It is not on the installer CD for some strange reason, and the joystick will not work without it!Ric