Sign in to follow this  
teodp

Controls Override

Hi to everybody!!I'm writing to You to solve this little problem...I'm using the Saitek X52 (Joy + Throttle) and it works very well.The problem is about the function Controls Override (PMDG - general - options - AFDS)I thought it lets the manual intervention on Cloche / Throttle, but...A- independently of the selection, i can use F1 F4 to close/give powerB- In an Abort T/Off, when I put the Saitek Throttle in Idle, on the simulator it doesn't go to idle: I've to use F1c- independently of the selection, if I use my Joy, the AP disconnects to let me fly manually the airplane.As you can see, I didn't understand the Override function very well... Please, could someone help me??!Thank you very very much, I hope You good Flights!!Matteo

Very concise observations. Think of things as in a priority list:Throttle: F1-F4 Always work (I think) Autothrottle overrides joystick throttle (including engaged TOGA) Joystick throttle Attitude (pitch and bank): Joystick overrides autopilot Autopilot LNAV VNAV combinations.There is a lot of information on throttle operation in this forum, so you should be confident in that you are discovering an issue that has also puzzled many others.According to Aviation Week and Space Technology, the Boeing control philosophy is to give the pilot authority over the system as opposed to the Airbus philosophy that the computer knows best. Hence, you can always find a way to override the FMC either in power or attitude.

Dan Downs KCRP