Sign in to follow this  
edemeijer

737NG: Remove textures for Virtual Cockpit

Hi there!I am currently running FS9 and the PMDG 737NG series on a laptop. Due to performance reasons I use the default 737 2D cockpit with the PMDG model.I have already resized all aircraft textures from '32 Bit' to 'DTX3' format. Since I also do not use the virtual cockpit I would like to delete these textures from the Texture folder. Can someone tell me which textures I do not need if I am only using a 2D cockpit?I know there are some texture required to see the cabin when you have the doors and cargo holds opened. I would like to keep these textures.Thanks in advance and kind regards,Er!k

Erik,The virtual cabin and cockpit are inplemented in the model file of the aircraft. No textures associated with either of those.You just need to load the 2D only model from the FS menu as you do now.Hope it helps,

Guest thscholz

Mats,and what about all those textures starting with 'vc...' or 'pmdg_vc_...' in the texture folders?;-) But Erik, those VC textures shouldn't bother you if you load the 2D model.CheersThomas

Oops!! 8-)Cheers,

Those textures aren't loaded if you select the 2D panel only version of the aircraft.

Dave Paige

Thank you for all your replies!I will no go out and fly again :) Can't wait to have my new computer and have the PMDG cockpit again ;)