Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Five - East Asia

Iahso...I think red would show better... that and probably a bigger map. What's the official word on how large a map Iahso can post Scabbo...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

Hawkeyez,Its more of a 700 pixel limit set by Avsim, which this one is actually 800. If I made it any longer it wouldn't be proportional. I will make sure the next route is done in red.-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Guest Jim

Landed at PATU Departure: UHPP Patropevlousk-Kamchatsk, Russia Destination: PATU Casco Cove, Attu Island, Alaska Time: 02:04:00 Aircraft: Cheyenne 400 Ceiling: 1500ft using FS_Meteo Handing the baton to...... Jim

Got the baton...Leaving ATU for PACD Cold Bay, Alaska (about 850nm).Later...Hawkeyez :-kewl

Now that is a just plain awesome screen cap. Very well done overlaying the map.

Okay Gang...Had some interesting winds and rain on my ascent but otherwise a good flight. Had to come down below 2500 before I was clear of the cloud layer for landing.Arrived @ PACD - Cold Bay, AlaskaCruised @ FL270 running roughly 395kts TASGood luck on the next leg.Hawkeyez :-kewl

I'm bored, I'll take the baton from PACD

OOO, daylight, I haven't flown any of the three RTW fliights at night. I'd like to get some daytime hours, but I've already flown today.....and someone has the baton, GOOD LUCK!.....Also, I really like the FSnav Map overlay of the cabin screenshot. Good WORK! I might try something to that effect in my next screenshot!.....http://www.kryptonair.com/images/rtw_krplogo.gifOne last thing, we are entering a busier airspace, and soon we'll be cutting through Oakland and Los Angeles Centers, it would be pretty cool if the flights were flown on VATSIM. Also, we could have a special callsign on VATSIM/IVAO, how about....it's not original, but..GLOBETROTTER!and every flight segment will be the number, like..GlobeTrotter One Five(GBT15)..... just an idea for those of us who fly on VATSIM or IVAO. Or if you prefer a specific callsign like G-VLAX or N901KZ for your personal aircraft, or airline you represent, do whatever. I guess, JUST HAVE FUN, like the "rules" say.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.TheVirtualAirline.com

OK, I was glad to get this leg. I departed PACD for PADQ (Kodiak, AK) at 16:50 local time. Arrived at Kodiak, AK which is on Kodiak Island and is notorious for terrible weather (at least the visibility) ;-) Figured I'd get some good ILS practice in and I sure wasn't dissapointed. Overcast with a ceiling of 300 feet. ;-))) Take a close look at the altimiter in the photo below. this is at 300 feet landing on rwy 25 at Kodiak ;-)))))OH WHAT JOY ;-)

Oops i guess it's at 400 feet, broke through the ceiling right around 300 feet ;-)

What plane is that? Plane and Panel?--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.TheVirtualAirline.com

Ahh, the joys of real weather! Looks like you enjoyed the flight, Fred. :)Jeez I'm jealous of you guys. I've been out of action for almost a week now, due to the final death knell of my old pedal setup. My new ones should arrive tomorrow. THEN I'll be watching the thread hoping to snag that baton for a quick turn with it! :)--TonyP.S. - I want to thank those of you who are taking the time to accurately label your posts. That small bit of effort is making it a lot easier to follow things!