Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Five - East Asia

That looks like the Piper Cheyenne by FSD International / Flight-1.--Tony

I've got the baton, see ya in a bit.Nope, I dont, but I will grab it later!! Have a good flight btd_jfk !!Oh well, I will post some new maps now.-------------Michael"I Dont know where Im going, but I sure know where I've been."

NEVERMIND, rgr FSD CHeyenne--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.com

Yep, the Piper Cheyenne by FSD International is it! ;-) Plane and panel ;-))

We're now at 50 posts (with this one). Even so, I'm going to let this thing run for the 6 hours I'll be in bed, then start the next post when I wake up. If I start the new one right now, when half of the U.S. is still awake and net-surfing/reading/posting, it could get confusing.See you all in the morning!--Tony

We're bound for the USA!! (continental USA, that is)I figured I drop off some updated maps. Expect new and exciting maps with the new thread as we cross the USA tomorrow. (I hope anyway, gonna learn to use photoshop tonite) And yes Jim, you are my inspiration, that screenshot was awesome!Legs-1. EGLL-LFRB -- Grumman HU-162. LFRB-LFDN -- Piper Archer II3. LFDN-DAAJ -- Beech 1900D4. DAAJ-HLLT -- Convair 5805. HLLT-DAAJ -- Piper Cheyenne6. DAAJ-DATM-- Beech King Air 3507. DATM-GCXO -- Cessna 421C8. LPFL-GQQN -- Beech 1900D9. GQQN-GQNI --- Saab 34010. GQNI-GATS -- Cessna 421C11. GATS-DRZR-- Pilatus PC-1212. DRZR-DNMA -- Cessna 20813. DNMA-FTTC -- Rockwell OV-10 Bronco14. FTTC-HSSS -- Saab 34015. HSSS-OERK -- Piaggo P18016. OERK-OMAA -- Beech B1900D17. OMAA-OIMB -- Piper Cheyenne 40018. OIMB-OAMS -- Cessna 421C19. OAMS-OAKB -- Pilatus PC-1220. OAKB-UAAH -- Piaggo P18021. UAAH-UAAA -- Beech Baron 5822. UAAA-UAAH -- Douglas DC-322. UAAH-UAAA -- Beech Baron 5823. UAAA-ZMBS -- Piper Cheyenne 40024. ZMBS-ZMBN -- Cesnna 421C25. ZMBN-ZYHB -- Connie26. ZYHB-UHSS -- P-51 Reno Air Races 27. UHSS-UHPP

Departed Kodiak a little after 6 in the afternoon in my AA Eagle Beech 1900D, the kind folks at AA sponsered my flight, it was warmer than usual here 13c, unfortunately, the ceiling had dropped from 400 to 200ft between the time the baton was passed and the time i was ready to go and the heavy fog didn't help things at all. The tower lit up the runway for me and it helped somewhat but i still had problems so much so that i took off from the wrong runway, but ATC didnt blame me too much, they cleared me to take off when i was at the wrong end of the runway themselves so it was both our faults. After taking off and climbing above the low overcast i swtiched over to autopilot and settled into a cruise at 11,000 feet, at a groundspeed of 260 knots the trip was filled with mostly overcast so i couldnt see the ground much but for a break halfway along. which provided this beautiful picture from a plane that followed me down to Yakutat. I was concerned for a King Air that was asked to climb and never responded. Its flight plan was cancelled and never heard from again, I thought i would radio Anchorage and ask if they wanted me to take a look but i needed to stick to my flightplan which called for me to hug the Alaskan coast down to Yakutat, just in case of engine trouble.There was very little Air Traffic and i only saw one other plan other than the Dash-8 that flew with me for half the way. the last half of the trip required some pilotage but i had plenty of practice with that from my time flying in and out of the Caribbean, namely St. Vincent's E.T. Joshua Airport, Yakutat was right on the bay and made for a beautiful approach at sunset with the clouds hiding the mountaintops along the coastI broke the the overcast at 3000 into the heaviest rain i have seen in all my years flying and tuned into the ILS..or at least i thought i did i wondered why 10nm away the localizer didnt pick up turned out the 7 looked like a 1 on the digital tuner i made the correction and turned hard to line up, as soon as i did heavy wind gust blew the plane left and right and it was hard for me to correct but somehow and even i dont know how i put it down on the runway centerline. My proudest landing ever. It was rough and bumpy but down after 2 hours and 17 minutes enroute. and using 318 gallons of fuel. I couldnt see where to taxi and PAYA is untowered to i just pulled off to the side and lay down my baton. Ladies and Gentleman the Baton is up for grabs!at PAYAEDIT: Turns out there is parking but since the airport is uncontrolled i think i will leave her here for the night! Please dont run over her taking off!

Guest Jim

Leaving PAYATaking a scenic route.Jim

Departing PAWG... See you in a few hours ;-)Dave.

You're doing a great job, Michael (we Michaels must stick together) but I'd give you just one *tiny* piece of advice for the next map -- could you outline the red with a 1 or 2 pixel stroke of white? I think that would be ideal (just go to Layer/Effects and add a stroke).