Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

(Video) of a Right Engine out App & Landing at Atlanta Int'l Airport

Guest gremel

Here is a video that was shot at the Atlanta Int'l airport in December of last year. It's a manual circling approach & landing to Rwy 09R and was done at 02:15am in the morning with the right engine gone...I had one engine reverser upon landing but decided not to use it and applied manual braking instead since I had a 9000ft runway to work with and wanted no part of any asymetrical forces at 129,000 lbs landing weight....Vref was 142kts with 15 degrees of flaps. Little faster approach with one engine than with two... Exciting but very, very expensive hobby. Oh well, you only go around once in life. Regards & enjoy, jack http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-975186236656918365

Smoooooth!Excellent video, I'm loving all these, thanks for sharing :-)

Alaister Kay

Guest andyman

Luv it.

Guest gremel

I'll add a 'touch & go', blown tire & the infamous 'fighter-pilot' dive & fly over Rwy 09 at 300kts in a few days or so. I forgot to mention that the 'Engine-out takeoff & approach/landing' was done with a 900 ft ceiling. Just a little.. "un-nerving"..not to mention that the whole session was videotaped.. If your going to have an opportunity to fly one of these expensive ($25Million) sim's, don't waste your time flipping buttons. Fly the thing manually and find out what it's really like to handle one of these things, then you can go home & flip all the buttons on your hardware/software setups...Incredible experience, Yep...,& I can't wait to do it in the 747 '!Queen' sometime in the near future...Regards,jack