Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbokholt

PMDG 737NG and Homecockpits

Guest cbokholt

Hi to all folks at PMDG and all forum readers,I

Guest cbokholt

Hello again,no answer at all ? OK, I think I have to deal with it...If it is not possible officially than I will try it inofficially: If anyone knows anything about internal values of PMDG, so please inform me!!!I know, that there is an special patch from some of the Project Magenta people, which is patching someting to get/set values in the PMDG with Magenta, but I was not able to use it yet.I

Guest iosonogio

hello,I would be interested on this issue .Would anybody give some help about this ?Does it exist documentation or the SDK for the PMDG737NG plane ?thank yougeorge

Guest gremel

Carsten,Very nice setup. Hope you get your answers. And to the PMDG team: "Here's hoping for an 'ammended & extended' long life for the 'NG series', AFTER FSX arrives"..Regards,jack

Guest romainrs

Hi,I also trying to find an issue to that problem, and I think I have a potential solution : http://www.autohotkey.com/Click on "Advanced Hotkeys" in the paragraph "More about Hotkeys".Then, go at the end of the page and click "pixel get color". I think we can use this to get a change of pixel color (like a light illuminating on a button of the overhead). we can thus receive information from pmdg...However, I am just suggesting, I'm not a good programmer...If you find something interesting thanks to my answer, I will be gratefull if you share the information.Hopefully I will be usefull,regards,RIVIERE Romain.(Trying to make something of 747pmdg queen of the skies)

Guest cbokholt

Thank you for your help Romain,but I

100% agree with you Carsten. The PMDG B744 is the most realistic addon we could have for our cockpit if we could interface it properly. Due to lack of offset information is it unfortenately not useable in a homebuild cockpit enviroment. If PMDG could agree providing an interfaceprogram by themselfs with would give information of the offsets values to use in the interface cards as phidgets then a complete new world would go open for us. But as far I see there is not a single attempt to help us cockpitbuilders.A general PMDG interface program as it is provided for Engravity cdu for exemple (but then for all systems) may cost a good amount of money because then we could use an excellent realistic addon in an realistic enviroment of our cockpits.Maybe we are just dreaming ....B. RgdsMichel

Michel-(I have tried contacting you a couple times via email - it bounced)It is not due to lack of interest that we won't open up our offsets values to hardware builders. The reason is simple: It took us a very long time to develop our systems at a professional grade. For example: The autopilot flight director system is very generic and can be used everywhere, so we consider it a trade secret and will only work with specific hardware vendors to develop drivers for their hardware.Please don't consider this business decision as contrary to "a single attempt to help us cockpitbuilders" - if Phidgets would be done in a way that could protect our proprietary data, we'd be supporting that too.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest robfather

Hi Lefteris,Has PMDG approached other hardware suppliers re partnerships to produce hardware and software that will allow us cockpit builders to built complete and fully functional cockpits? At this time we have to use different software for say the EICAS and Standby Guages, and develop our own wiring/interfacing systems using keyboard encoders, Key2Mouse, etc etc. And we still can't get 100% functionality. I think you could corner some of Project Magenta's market if there was a "complete" cockpit building system available. I'm sure we would be prepared to pay the extra few dollars, given what PM costs.Rob

Hi Lefteris, I can't agree more with Rob. A "PM" simular interface approach would open a complete new market for PMDG I think. We have already an MCP (Aerosoft MCP747) and CDU (Engravity) interface, but still a lot is not covered (Overhead - with LED interaction, pedestal etc) I understand completely that you want to protect your knowledge / software /aircraft systems programming skills, that's more than normal, but I don't understand what is the difference when clicking on a moise to activate a function or if you provide the builder with an offset so that the interface card can do the same function as the moise is doing. By providing the offset, you don't disclose how you guys programmed the function.;)Sorry to hear you tried to contact me several times via email, because I never received any warning of email bouncing of spammessages. Will try to contact you privately again, because it's my goal to let my project working with PMDG B744 software. That this goal has a cost is completely normal as Rob saids, look at the PM prices the builders are prepared to pay.Rest assurted I have the highest appreciation for all the good work the PMDG developpers are doing. That makes PMDG is the leading source for the most realistic FS addons in the world. If now these super realistic software addons could interact smoothly with cockpictbuilders projects it would be heaven ;)B. RgdsMichel