Sign in to follow this  
Guest phillyflyer

How do adjust vert. profile

Guest phillyflyer

Does anyone know how to change the descent profile so Mr. VNAV doesn't start down 500 miles out at 100 FPM ???? I looked at the FMC, but I may be over looking something...help!!!!!! Thanks,Mike

Guest Hawkeyeted

Sounds like you've got something misconfigured in the VNAV page. Do you have the cruise FL entered? Is it the same as the MCP? Does your FMC show FL on teh LEGS page? There are a few things that could cause an early VNAV descent.

Guest phillyflyer

Yes I have MCP and ACT RTE 1 LEGS page with same alt. and the perf init page as wellI know on some FMS's you can select a descent angle which determines how far out you need to start a descent to make a particular crossing restriction.I will try again and see if it worksThanks Tedmike

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Yes I have MCP and ACT RTE 1 LEGS page with same alt. and the>perf init page as well>>I know on some FMS's you can select a descent angle which>determines how far out you need to start a descent to make a>particular crossing restriction.>>I will try again and see if it works>>Thanks Ted>>mikeYou need to check what the VNAV Cruise page has.

>Does anyone know how to change the descent profile so Mr.>VNAV doesn't start down 500 miles out at 100 FPM ???? I>looked at the FMC, but I may be over looking>something...help!!!!!! >>Thanks,>>Mike This sounds awfully like you set a lower than cruise altitude into the MCP altitude window and pushed the altitude knob which causes an early descent? Is this correct?...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest D17S

Like Randy said, in a VNAV PATH cruise the airplane will not descend below the MCP altitude setting. To descend, you gotta do something. Here