Sign in to follow this  

AI Aircraft don't play well with others?

Generally speaking, I like the AI aircraft when I fly offline (which I'm doing more and more of recently, as my available flying times don't match well with busy ATC times on VATSIM, but I digress...).I do have a grip and am wondering if there's an adjustment that can be made. I read in somebody else's thread that you cannot adjust the approach speeds of the AI aircraft. Can you adjust their behavior in relation to the ATC commands? I am being driven nuts by being cleared to land in an aircraft with a slow approach/landing speed and having an MD-80 behind me cleared to "follow the Baron on final" only to have him blast over the top of my aircraft and land ahead of me.Can I fix that, or shall I just fine-tune my ability to swear at the jerk and make sure I have a good terminal procedure book for my go-arounds?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you see the situation developing, then you can hit the "y" key and go into slew mode. Your aircraft will stop but the AI planes keep on moterin' along. Let the MD-80 land and clear the runway, then hit "y" again and finish your landing. It messes up the reality but so does having an MD-80 fly THROUGH you Baron. R-

The MD80 flying THROUGH my Baron doesn't just mess up reality. It ruins the day of all my little electronic pax.