Sign in to follow this  
Guest jojojojo

PMDG 747-400

Guest jojojojo

I was just thinking about getting the PMDG 744 and was wondering if I need any of the other PMDG products in order for me to properly install the PMDG aircraft or can I just have the PMDG 744 installed on my system?And another thing before I purchase the product here are my system specs. and I just want to make sure I can have an enjoyable experience with PMDG!Windows XP HomeCPU 2.20 Ghz, 74.3 GB hard drive768mb RAM Nvidea 5600XT 128mb video cardMSFS2004And soon to have the PMDG!

No, I believe you do not have to have any other PMDG products installed. It is recommended; however, that IF you do have the 737 you install that first. But if you do not, you are good to go. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this AMAZING aircraft. Even the 737 which is older then the 747 is heads and tails above most of the competition. Buy and enjoy and welcome.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Definetly get the PMDG products. The 737NG planes are marvelous. The 747 is an amazing piece of software. If it is your first payware you will be in awe. These machines take some learning to get going and more learning to escalate your skill(I am still learning after 4 months). In fact I think the learning will be ongoing for a long time. The support is good and there are lots of skilled flyers here in the forum always willing to help.Good LuckRick

Guest jojojojo

OK I told my mom and she said she was going to buy the 747 for me when she gets back from her business trip cant wait! and how are my system specs. will I get good enough performance. And yes this will be my first payware aircraft! But one more question the manual that comes with the aircraft do I have to print it off or can I read it strait from the PC?

Guest SteveK

Hi,You have a very nice mom, cos she's going to get you something very special. The PMDG 747 is one of the very best aircraft addons for FS9.With regard to your system specs. You should be able to run the 747, although you may have problems, depending on how your sim is setup, and the positioning of your sliders in the 'Display' settings. If you go to the 747 product page, you will find the min specs, and the preferred specs.I myself have a AMD 64 3GHz, 1GB RAM, 6800GT 256MB VGA, and the Queen runs very well, although I do also have my sim setup correctly.So, to answer your question, yes, the 747 should work, but your visuals may not be like the screenshots that PMDG have on the website or forums.

Guest jojojojo

Thats alright as long as I can run the thing alright, but I live in Salmon Arm, BC, Canada and how long do you think it will take to ship the product here? And how do I setup my sim properly for the thing to work, what do you mean by setup right? :)

Guest SteveK

> Thats alright as long as I can run the thing alright, but I>live in Salmon Arm, BC, Canada and how long do you think it>will take to ship the product here? And how do I setup my sim>properly for the thing to work, what do you mean by setup>right? :)The product is a download, so no waiting for it to be shipped to you. As long as you have a decent internet connection, you're sorted. As far as having your sim setup correctly, this is a very long process, and this is not the place to get into this now, but basically, if you are able to use Flight Sim on your PC, then you should be just fine.Enjoy flying her. There is quite an extensive manual in .pdf format, which is essential to read, if you want "absolute realism". Lots of systems to learn, but I'm sure you will have fun. There are always lots of friendly people here, including the PMDG beta team, who will help out if you have any problems.PS: I think BC is a wonderfull area, and wish I could visit the West coast of Canada someday.Cheers,

Guest jojojojo

Really! you can just download it?!!!! holy is that ever convenient and believe me I will teach that bird everything she needs know know...lol or should she teach me? anyways that's awesome but when I got to the buy it part it asks you if you want to calculate the shipping cost whats that for? Oh an yes my Sim works very, very nice so hopefully it is fine, and I would give any kind of display setting to fly her nicely!

Guest wisborg

>But one more question the manual that comes with the aircraft>do I have to print it off or can I read it strait from the>PC?It of course depends much on what you are comfortable with. Personally I have chosen not to print it. I am so fortunate to be able to have a laptop next to the computer I fly on, so it is convenient for me have the documentation on that screen.But you will need to read the documentation, and most likely you will need more than the checklist on the first flights to sort out what's going on./ Jesper

Guest jojojojo

yeah but my printer is not working properly, so I can print it.

Guest jojojojo

OK I got one more question, I want to use the 747 because I am apart of United Virtual and I really want the livery of United rather then any other so does the 747 come with the livery or what?

Guest andyman

Yep, it comes with UNITED ancient old old, Old Gray and Blue, and the recent Blue and white repaint.

Guest jojojojo

great looking forward to flying her!

> I was just thinking about getting the PMDG 744 and was>wondering if I need any of the other PMDG products in order>for me to properly install the PMDG aircraft or can I just>have the PMDG 744 installed on my system?>>And another thing before I purchase the product here are my>system specs. and I just want to make sure I can have an>enjoyable experience with PMDG!>>Windows XP Home>CPU 2.20 Ghz, 74.3 GB hard drive>768mb RAM >Nvidea 5600XT 128mb video card>MSFS2004>And soon to have the PMDG! If you want to use the new F series 747 you will need to already have the 747-400 installed. I suppose as with the 737 series, once it reaches the CD phase it most likely will be a stand alone application but that is only an assumption based upon what has been done in the past. ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest AJ

> Really! you can just download it?!!!! holy is that ever>convenient and believe me I will teach that bird everything>she needs know know...lol or should she teach me? anyways>that's awesome but when I got to the buy it part it asks you>if you want to calculate the shipping cost whats that for? Oh>an yes my Sim works very, very nice so hopefully it is fine,>and I would give any kind of display setting to fly her>nicely!Which site are you looking at? In fact, there are two versions of the 747-400 available. One is download, and one is on disk with a printed manual (the software is the same either way, but the disk version ). If you buy it directly from www.precisionmanuals.com then you will get the download version. If you buy it from a retailer, then you will get the disk version and will have to pay shipping. So if you want the downlaod version, then go to precisonmanuals.com. The manual is easily readable form the PC with Adobe Acrobat. however, you will probably want to print out as least some parts of it, such as the normal procedures section, so that you can refer to them while you are flying. Of course you can alwasy take the file to Kinkos and have them print and bind it for you if you want.Andrew