Sign in to follow this  

Christmas in July!

This is one of those posts that would no doubt benefit from a screenshot but I'm not having any luck doing that at the moment. In any case, I was flying using FSMeteo and online weather between Meigs and OshKosh this morning when all of a sudden I noticed some small snowflakes. I took a look at the ground and it was pretty much covered with snow north of Chicago. What??? I looked at the METAR and sure enough KPWK (pawaulkee?) was reporting -SN (light snow) but no temp. I checked weather.com and found the area is actually under a heat advisory today. Guess someone made a typo!David

I'm having a similar problem which is what I call "thundersnow." Heading into Springfield, IL (KSPI), they're reporting temperature of 39C. Just outside St. Louis, I started to see winter textures on the ground. The thunderstorms reported in the area were going full-bore, too.Just plain odd what the weather in the midwest will do this time of year.

Guest Joshieca

>This is one of those posts that would no doubt benefit from >a screenshot but I'm not having any luck doing that at the >moment. >David Easy Screenshoots....All you have to do to make a screenshot is press the Print Screen button on your keyboard...that saves a snapshot of your screen....if you press it again it clears your previous screenshot with a new one (whatever is on your screen at the time you pressed it a second time), and so on.Once you have your screenshot, exit or pause and back out of FS2002. Open up any photo editor, even the free Paint program which came with your windows will work. Then just PASTE from the EDIT menu and you can edit your picture and do whatever you like from there. The picture can be quite large if you are using a large screen size, so adjust the size if you can, and compress the file by saving it as a .jpg.Hope that helps..[br][br][div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif][br

You guys aren't alone.. Same happened to me yesterday using FSmeteo, was testing a few new planes installed.. After checking out a Goast Guard helicopter and looping south of city and heading up north to land at Wrigley (was watching game from wrigley on tv). As I headed north back past downtown started noticing the snowflakes falling even though all other info was correct (barometer & temp(36c)). Got a bit scary as I looked around the ground textures started turning white. :') After checking ATIS everyone was reporting 15 mile Vis. in SNOW.. Go figure!

Too funny! Thanks for the advice on screenshots. The real problem I have is that my sim computer is deliberately not connected to the internet, which means I have to transfer the file over. Bottomline - I was just too lazy! ;-)David