Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

file download size & missing textures(747-400F) only

PMDG Captains,i have some missing textures in the 2d cockpit as well as the VC. mostly the VC. Mr. Randazzo stated in another post that the "zipped" file download size should be 73.6MB's in size. mine is only 71.9MB's i tried downloading several times still the same size. during the download (in the download window) the file size is being reported as 71.9MB's. could this be the reason for the missing textures? in the VC there's only a few textures. in 2d cockpit looking left, right and up no textures at all except for the toggle switches on the overhead panel. the 2d panel itself looks great. the external textures looks great as well. thanks in advance for the help. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Tim-If you can extract an EXE installer from the zip file- then you don't have a problem. If you download a file that is too small it will tell you that it's corrupt and/or you won't be able to get the installer out of it.If the installer comes out of the zip file (i mean- take it out and put it on your hard drive) it should be 74.107MB in size.If it runs- then it isn't forgetting to install textures...Can you give an idea of what you think you are missing?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest GW Norris

Here's the info on my file sizes.Download said it was 71.9MB. Winzip file size says it's 73,688KB. Open the zip and it says 2 files total size 74,130KB and the Application file in the zip says it's 75,884KB, and the extracted setup file says it's 72.3MB. Now that is alot of different sizes and none of them equal 74.107MB which you say the setup file should be once it's extracted from the sip. Now I'm really confused as to if my download is correct or not, It installed perfectly and I haven't noticed any missing pieces in the sim, of course it may take a while for something to show up if it is, haven't looked at every nook and cranny of the aircraft and systems.Have only taken it on a quick hop around the pattern at KSEA. everything seemed ok, just flew the pattern manually. no auto pilot or FMC route programed, Just the ILS and VOR radios tuned.It would be nice to clarify the exact sizes of these files in their various states of packaging and unpacking.Wonderful airplane though, Job well done as usual to the guys at PMDG

Mr. Randazzo,i extracted the PMDG747_400F setup.exe file from the "zipped" file and placed it on the desktop as you suggested and the file size is 72.3MB's instead of the 74.107MB's that you said it should be. the VC panel for example is there and the knobs and switches are there but the panel, knobs and switches are missing the textures if that makes sense. another example...in the 2d cockpit looking to the right the FO's seat is there but the textures on the seat are missing. this might be of help...in the Windows Add/Remove Programs list (near the bottom) the PMDG747_400F is listed as 3,974.00MB in size. hope this helps. thanks for your quick response and help in this matter. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Mr. Randazzo,just finished running FS again (only the 2nd time since installing the 400F) and the textures are there now and everything looks to be o.k. don't know what happened the 1st time. thanks again for your help. and thanks to everyone who responded. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Mr. Randazzo,I have the same problem with missing textures.The missing textures are VC-Textures, wing and gear textures from theexterior model.Now i will reinstall the aircraft (see Tim). first i uninstall it.Then i will install, but when i insert the e-mail adress,order-id and passwort and then press the validate button the installer crash, without a error massage,to desktop.Also i can't install the aircraft a second time.Please helpFrankP.S. sorry my english

I found many missing textures on my 747F installation:PW and RR models:Missing wheels, tyres, cockpit windows, all engine textures.GE model:As PW and RR except engine textures are present.Also I noticed that the appearance of the fan rotation animation seems less good. The spinner looks ok, but the fan flades are just a solid grey, no rotation effect (on PW and RR I can't verify this as the texture is missing). The same now appplies to the 747 pax version too.Is there any point in re-installing?Is the 747F more memory hungry? The requirements as posted on the website are the same.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest GW Norris

I opened another thread concerning the missing texture files in my CargoLux GE livery. you might want to look at that thread. It's the only one of 6 liveries that I have that the textures are missing when the livery is loaded in the sim, and It has 93 less files in the Texture folder than the other 5 liveries that seem to be ok in the sim. The problem was the same as the guys in this thread have described. I haven't noticed any problems with my other PW and RR liveries. I'm going to compare each Texture folder and see if they all contain the same file names.Also, my other GE liveries are ok in the sim also, just noticed a problem with the CargoLux. This problem may be a random problem with any given livery since some people are having problems with PW and RR liveries also.????hope this helps lead to a solution

Now I've been able to download some real liveries I get textures on the engines for PW and RR. However still no textures on the gear, tyres or cockpit windows. Also the VC has no textures apart from the panels and the flight manual spines.I'm beginning to think this is an installer problem. I've noticed the texture and texture.ABL folders include a zipped file called PMDG_747_Cabin_Three_T.zip, containing many more textures which look relevant to the problem (VC, glass, details, etc). Certainly it includes tyre textures, undercarriage textures, etc which are not in the 747F texture folders, but can be found in the corresponding 747-400 texture folders. Shouldn't the installer have unzipped these too? Where should they be manually unzipped so the free livery installer can use them as well?Can someone at PMDG support confirm whether they are looking into this issue?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest GW Norris

KevinI checked my PMDG House livery and the .ABL livery Texture folder and I do not have any zip files in there, however I do have the bitmap files Cabin_one, Cabin_Three etc. etc. so I imagine it is as you say and they should have been extracted from the zips during the install.My .ABL folder has 7 more files than the rest of my liveries and I would imagine that is due to the extra textures for the Airforce version ( Laser dome, etc ) also it is 10MB bigger than the other liveries.I'm sure PMDG will sort it out since it seems to be a common problem with various users and random liveries.

In the 747-400, this zip file is also in the texture folder. I guess the livery installer extracts these common textures from it each time. The 747-400 texture folders each contain 75-76 textures. My 747F texture folders only have 40 or so. That's the problem. All the missing textures are still in the zipfile (including the engine textures for the PMDG house livery PW and RR version I was missing).It looks as if the contents of the zipfile should be put in each texture folder before the custom livery textures are copied in. Simply copying the common textures after installing a livery would overwrite the customised textures. I'm going to try unzipping the file and copying the textures into one livery folder, then copy the livery textures back in, to see if it works. Hopefully all the textures will then be visible.In the fullness of time I expect PMDG will sort out their installer. Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg