Sign in to follow this  
pilotpm

Is "CARGO" animated

Hi all ! :-)Like the title says.....Is "CARGO" animated? :( If so how to make it work ?Until yet i set the cargo doors and loaders to different keys.That works so far..any answer for that....?cheersMario G

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Mario,The cargo is loaded by the load manager before you start FS9, The loader's are there to look pretty.Cheers

Mario-If you open up your START menu, then ALL PROGRAMS, then PMDG Simulations.....Read Chapter 13 DIFFERENCES.That will help you with everything you need to know!In short- you need to use the PMDG 747-400F Load Manager to have cargo animate to appear or disappear depending on your load.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks....to all for the fast reply...Have to look in that..sorry !!cheersMario G

Guest kame

Dear Randazzo,PMDG 747-400F is great!>>In short- you need to use the PMDG 747-400F Load Manager to>have cargo animate to appear or disappear depending on your>load.>I have used the PMDG 747-400F Load Manager: loaded Full Cargo (268,290lbs) and saved to file; however, Cargo Loader has appeared but hasn't animated???Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest SteveK

Kan,Yes, you can make the plane either look empty or full, dependng on the load editor, but I don't think that you can actually animate the cargo loading into the plane. Imagine the extra processing power you would need if this was built into the model?Anyway, the containers on the side right side loaders are too large to fit into the hull, maybe just a minor glitch. *:-* Cheres,

Guest kame

Dear Steve,Thank you for your kind advice.I have already set 'on' the APU GEN 1 and 'AVAIL' the APU GEN 2 for open the cargo doors. I have tested with Main Deck Cargo Loader at the Aft L door of the left side. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

Dear Steve,I have not been able to see animated cargo yet.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest ha5mvo

Kan-ichiri,I believe you can make the loaders appear and disappear using the assigned keyboard commands, but to my understanding, they do not move in the same manner the doors do - if this is what you meant by "animation"best regards,//Michael

Guest kame

Hi Michael,I have been able to see cargo door animation open/close using PMDG assigned keys.AOM 747-400F DIFFERENCES 13-11 describes:If you use PMDG 747-400F Load Manager to specify cargo weight in your 747-400F, you will see the cargo animated within the airplane. If the cargo on the main and/or lower deck exceeds 5,000lbs in weight, then you will see animated cargo on the main/lower deck as appropriate. If the weight is less than 5,000lbs, the respective deck will appear empty.It seems I have misunderstand that the cargo isn't stand still but animated. Randazzo has said " - - - to have cargo animate to appear or disappear depending on your load."Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

animate does not automatically mean moving :)by animate it means the cargo appears on screen on the loaders and in the hold on the aircraft. they do not move into the aircraft

Guest kame

Hi Paul,I have practically learned English. Thank you,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

i wasnt knocking your English,in fact i thought they moved too when i read animate in the manual, d'oh! :)enjoy the aircraft

Guest kame

Hi Paul,I understand the circumstance and have been relieved.Thank you, again.Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest AJ

>animate does not automatically mean moving :)>>by animate it means the cargo appears on screen on the loaders>and in the hold on the aircraft. they do not move into the>aircraftActually it does, at least usually. I'm looking at my dictionary right now, and it clearly says "to impart motion or activity; to fill with life,." Afterall the when someone talks about an animated picture, they do not mean a still image. I understand what PMDG is trying to say here, but it would be much clearer if they had chosen a different word. It is hardly surprising if some users will be confused by this.Andrew