Sign in to follow this  
Star Alliance

Having trouble opening the doors..

Folks, first - thanks for a exellent baby! Havent tested it too much yet, but it looks very nice.Tough, I have some trouble opening the doors and get the loaders in place. Engines are off, no external power connected and I'm hitting SHIFT-E to open the main door, nothing happends. I also assign all the other usual keys like wingfold, tailhook but nothing seem to help..Guys? ;)

Guest Senior Captain

Ill help but you really need to sign your posts it is fourm rules.Mine work and this is what I did. Go into the PMDG tab after you load you plane to an airport ramp not the rwy. I assigned these keys the way they did in the manual. Shift + C Cargo noseShift + D Cargo sideShift + P Pax stairsShift + 3 Tail JackCTRL + N Nose loaderCTRL + F Fwd RCTRL + A Aft RCTRL + D Aft LHope that helps.Cheers

To operate the MAIN DECK cargo doors, you must have either APU GEN2 or EXT PWR 2 showing AVAIL also.

Gents-I'm going to post this here- and if all of you would please help us to spread the word:-> To open the cargo doors on this airplane, you MUST have the GROUND SERVICE BUS powered. How do you do this? Easy: Be on the ground- and have either APU GEN 2 or EXT PWR 2 showing AVAIL on the switch....-> You must map a key to the doors in the PMDG/Key Commands menu item....If would REALLY help if everyone took the time to READ CHAPTER 13!!!!There are some nuances to the 400F that you need ot know- and they are in that chapter!Thanks for helping me pass this word out to those who need it!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Okay, I've read Chapter 13, Have the proper bus AVAILABLE, assigned keys on the PMDG page. Still not able to activate any doors specific to the 400F. All the doors common to the 400Pax work fine (lower cargo etc.) I've even changed my key commands to match the ones in the earlier post. I've also checked for conflicts with FSNAV,ASV, etc. and can find no conflicts. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong???BestBill

Here's further research. I can get the default liveries to work, but when I try my Air China,Cargolux, or Polar (all I have before the server restrictions) they DO NOT work. Hmm?? I can't imagine a livery installer would cause the issue. But I'll try to re-intall the liveries and see what happens.BestBill

Guest andyman

My combination for the cargo specific commands arectrl-shift z for nose, ctrl-shift x for main door, ctrl-shift-c for air stair and so on down the bottom row. I have now memorized all the commands :-) .Also you can open the "PEOPLE DOORS" by assigning a 747 passenger key assignment for doors 1 and 5.

Guest Blazer

Hi Thomas..Yes had the same problem as you but after reading the replies and the manual it was fairly easy to set up and assign the keys for opening the doors. Everything is working ok and was surprised to see that there is such a thing as a tail jack for aircraft so you learn something new everyday.Regards...TH