Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigun

Frame Rates In VC

Guest thscholz

Jup! Put me on the list.:-( CheersThomas

Same here

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest bigun

I'm using DXT textures. Just to clarify what I'm seeing. For me dropping the FPS rate for the gauges in the VC of the F stopped the "stuttering" I was seeing and brought the framerates back up to pre-F install. I'm perfectly happy with the way it is performing now although I understand that those with not as much "horsepower" as I'm running may still not get acceptable performance.

Guest aarskringspier

>I'm using DXT textures. >Just to clarify what I'm seeing. For me dropping the FPS rate>for the gauges in the VC of the F stopped the "stuttering" I>was seeing and brought the framerates back up to pre-F>install. >I'm perfectly happy with the way it is performing now although>I understand that those with not as much "horsepower" as I'm>running may still not get acceptable performance. Turning the FPS in the VC all the way to 5 seemed to help a little but definitley not the performance I had pre-install. A little perplexed still but will keep at it.

Hi!Here ,too.Very bad frames in VC ,about 6-10 as situation.Just to report....cheersMario G

Just want to add another voice as having rather poor frames in VC with the 400F. Have no issues with frames in 2D or spot view, only the VC seems to suffer. No frame issues with Pax ver.Occurs with both DXT3 and 32bit textures. I'm guessing it might be because of the addition of the visible nose door in the VC?

Guest Martin123

yes, I also use dxt textures.I really assume it is the nose.seems strange that this was not noticed while beta testing.still pmdg is top range for their products. and I love the queen.Martin

Guest SteveK

George,Just to confirm what you have advised about moving the VC frame rate slider to the left. I have also done this, and I too have noticed that my VC is a lot smoother. Like you, I also don't really bother about what my framerate is, just how smooth the sim is.Thank you for this advice, it seemed to be working. It is a pity that there is still no official comment about this issue from the PMDG team. It seems like more and more people are having the same problem.I really do hope that this gets sorted out soon. ;)Cheers,

Guest joediamond

I'm guessing it has more to do with the integrated standby instrument gauge. The nose is just an animated object, no different than the seats or window shades in the virtual cockpit, it should not have much effect on the frame rates.As an experiment I removed the ISFD gauge from the vc section of the panel.cfg and noticed a significant improvement in frame rates in the vc.C McCarthy

Guest SteveK

Hi C McCarthy,I think you may be correct with what you have discovered. After all, the ISFD is new to the 400F and possibly has not been tested enough. I do also notice a SIGNIFICANT change when lowering the VC framerate slider in the PMDG menu. This improves the smoothness of my sim, but still not to the smoothness of the Pax version.Could PMDG possibly have a look into this for all of us, thanks.Cheers,

Guest rader

George,I adjusted the VC slider to 5 and I now have 25 FPS thanks for that info. Also tried both the textures 32Bit and DXT3 made no difference.John..

I take it this causes no issues due to other gauges having dependencies on the ISFD?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg